Monday, December 14, 2015

Ornament Exchange and Fruity Socks

Today is Monday. Yesterday was rainy and gross, but today was sunny and nice! That always helps, right?

I got up and made blueberry muffins, because it's Monday...and because I know what's good for me. Joshua was SOOOO happy.

And, because we ordered pizza last night, and had some left-over, we did NOT go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch like we usually do. I figured Joshua was going to say something about it, like, "I THOUGHT we were going to CHICK for lunch...." but he didn't. He said, "I know we have re-runs (what he calls left-overs) from last night, and we need to clean those up."

I puttered around the house all day doing laundry, straightening up. I decided that I am DONE with the Christmas decorating, and I put up the boxes that have stared at me for weeks. No, it's not ALL out, but it's enough...and I plan on enjoying it.

I felt really tired today. We had our choir performance yesterday in both morning services...and I think it wore me out!

Joshua has an ornament exchange at Therapeutic Recreation tomorrow, so he and I went to the Hallmark store this afternoon. That was probably a mistake...going to the Hallmark store. They have some beautiful things, but this is one time when I should've sucked it up, and gone to Wal-Mart...because the ornament he chose was, like, $17.

Oh, well.

The FRIENDS were also told that they could wear their pajamas tomorrow. They are going to stay at the Center all day, just enjoying each other and watching Christmas movies and doing their ornament exchange. I made a bunch of red velvet cake balls for Holly's birthday yesterday, and there is one left. He is planning on taking it in his lunch tomorrow, and he is so excited about it. Who knew a little cake ball would make him so happy?

I reminded Joshua that he could wear his pjs tomorrow, and he said, "uhhhhhh...NO. I will NOT be wearing my pjs." I knew he wouldn't. He's not much on wearing pjs out in public, just like he's not much for wearing costumes...or crazy socks.

Side note: A couple of years ago, I bought him some "cute," patterned socks to wear with his Sunday shoes...because he had been wearing his white, athletic socks with them...which are FINE...but, you know...

So, I gave him the cute socks and explained that he could wear them on Sundays, or any other time that he was dressing up. He took one look at them, and said they looked, "fruity." Don't really know what he meant by that. His Dad and brothers all wear "fruity" socks, and like them just fine.

It's been a good and quiet day, which is what we needed after our busy weekend.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength..." Psalm 23: 1-3a

No comments:

Post a Comment