Monday, June 22, 2015

Camp Barnabas 2015: Epilogue by Joshua Garland

I thought I was pretty much through with the Camp Barnabas updates for 2015. Here are the previous posts from this year: here, here, here, here, here, here...and here.

And then I remembered that I wanted to share Joshua's Facebook post. It really captures what he thought about Camp, mixed with references from the Twilight series and the Pow-Pow-Power Rangers:


As all of you know by now. That I did went to camp. And I was eclipsed into a more mature light. And I have learned the core values understanding of the nature of The Lord. I fully am well pleased. That you all have thought of me. And wrote to me. I now understand that. The Lord can do awesome things. Like changing and eclipsing my life. So I can now have clearer understanding of how our lord Jesus is able to change lives..of his children. I can now fully understand how. Totally morphincal he is. Thank you all for the prayer's. And email's. Thank you. In Jesus name. Thank you.

A few thoughts: 

*"all of you know." He assumes that everyone knows where he is at all times. AND that they want to hear all about his adventures (and, truthfully, most of them DO!)

*he "did went to camp." This just made me laugh. :)

*he "was eclipsed into a more mature light." Thank you, Twilight movies.

*he has "learned the core values understanding of the nature of the Lord." 

*he is pleased with everyone who thought of him and wrote to him. Me, too, Joshua.

*he now understands that "the Lord can do awesome things, like changing and eclipsing my life."

*he has a clearer understanding of how Jesus is able to change the lives of His children.

*he understands how "totally morphincal" Jesus is. I don't really know what that means, but it's gotta be good, right? Reeeeeeal good.

*he is thankful.

If he can come away with all of this understanding and wisdom after just 6 days at Camp Barnabas, then SIGN ME UP, baby!

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment