Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Turning Fat Into Muscle

Today, I spent the day in Little Rock after I dropped Joshua off with his group.

He doesn't normally go on Wednesdays, but his group is preparing for their 2nd annual Very, Merry Christmas program...and they are practicing every day. Joshua is playing "Bob Cratchit."

Except that he calls him Bob CRACK-IT.

And, Jenni is playing his wife.

BONUS.

She has written in a kissing scene for them. Of course.

The Directors said, "NO."

I would not be one bit surprised if they don't at least attempt a smooch during the play. Their characters are married, after all.

And their son, "Tiny Tim?" That part is being played by one of the female friends who would make two of Joshua. Joshua watched the movie where Tiny Tim rides around on his Dad's (Bob Cratchit) shoulders. Joshua said, "uhh...NOT gonna happen."

I just can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this program. Last year's was...well, exceptional. And I'm not making fun...it was seriously hilarious.

But I don't think they meant it to be hilarious.

You just have to know the friends. That's what made it so funny. The Director, Mrs. Sherrie, let the friends write it themselves, so while it was supposed to be along the lines of "The Gift of the Magi," Joshua started off the program by reading the true Christmas story from Luke 2, and it was really sweet. But then somewhere in the middle of one of the scenes in "The Gift of the Magi," the Grinch stomped on stage and took all the presents and everything else that was on the stage.

I have never laughed so hard in my life.

So, you can imagine how excited I am. I seriously cannot wait.

They are all working very hard to do their very best.

I spent the day with Holly. We went to a pre-birthday lunch and then did some shopping. Her birthday is this week, and they are going to be out-of-town. I wanted to take advantage of this day to hang out with her.

Tonight, Jim grilled steaks and Holly and Aaron came over and ate with us. We had baked potatoes...I made a sweet potato for Jim...steamed broccoli, spinach salad and rolls. Everything was really good. I did not make a dessert. I figure we will do a cake or something this weekend.

Joshua was eating his food and said, "mmm...I love the fat on this steak. I'm gonna turn it into muscle."

First of all, there was no fat on the steaks. They were little filets with bacon around them that I bought at our grocery. Sheesh.

Secondly...turn it into muscle? I'm sure he would've flexed his muscles at the table, but he would've had to put down his fork.  He was CHOWING DOWN on his steak.

I love my funny little man.

"And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment