Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ordinary Day

Spent today running around.

OH MY GOODNESS! I don't even know what all I did.

Laundry, made cookies, addressed more Christmas cards...stragglers.

Holly and I went to WM for a couple of things on Joshua's Christmas list, then went to Kroger for some groceries and to get prescriptions filled...and to the post office to get stamps for her Christmas cards. The prescriptions I was getting were for Clark, and they told me they would be ready in 40 minutes, if I wanted to shop until they were ready.

Whaaaaat?

I had already shopped and it took me 20 minutes, not 40. Come ON, people. Even when I have a large list, I am like a Navy Seal going thru that store. I know where everything is. Do not get in my way.

Plus, I had ice-cream. I'm not waiting. Ain't nobody got time for that.

So, about an hour after we got home, I went back to pick up the meds. THEY WERE NOT READY. In fact, the little guy couldn't find them at first, and then said, "he's not in the system," talking about Clark. I said, "well, he may not be in the system, but I DID drop off the Rx over an hour ago."  After a few minutes, he came back and said that they found the prescriptions, and that they would be ready in 20 minutes. ARGH. So, I said I would wait.

And I waited.

And waited.

And, after 40 minutes, I got BACK in line and waited my turn and when I got to the window...I told the girl what I was waiting for and she goes, "oh, yes...they are ready."

WHAAAAT?

So I finally got the meds and then went to get gas in Logan's car and then came home.

On the way home, the sky was so pretty. It was streaked with pink and blue. I made a conscious effort to look at it and take it in...the sky, the field, the trees. I don't want to rush through these days.

After Jim got in from work, we all went out to eat...Aaron is out-of-town and Holly is staying with us. FUN times!

I love ordinary days.

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience..." Colossians 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment