Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

We've had such a good day. It's been sunny here, but COLD.

Boosh!

But doesn't the sun make cold days better?

I think there's a lesson I could make out of that last statement. Maybe another day.

I have wrapped and wrapped and wrapped today. We typically get our kids about 3 presents each. We started this practice a long time ago when they were little. Jim said that if it was good enough for Jesus...it was good enough for us.

Even tho each person just gets a few gifts, it's still a lot! Each of our children has their own special person...husband, fiance, girlfriend...so that's presents for 8! Jim and I don't exchange gifts, but I usually get him a couple of things from the kids.

And then there's the "stocking stuffers" for 8 stockings! I typically put things like body wash, toothpaste, perfume/cologne, gum, nail polish for the girls, etc in the stockings. For the past few years, I've put Crest Whitestrips in them. My kids like using those, but they are so stinkin' expensive...so it's a treat for them. This year, they were ALL OUT of those at the store where I went, and I decided I wasn't going all over the Creation just to get those. I also always get the boys a new pair of boxers. I try to get some really fun or crazy patterns for Christmas. This year, I didn't do that, either.

I always wondered what my son-in-law thought about me getting him underwear!

In fact, I am totally re-thinking everything that I'm putting in their stockings. Now that I have a future daughter-in-law, and my other sons have girlfriends...if I give them soap or body wash...or toothpaste and shampoo...are they thinking that I think they are stinky? I don't! They aren't! And if I give them Crest Whitestrips, will they think that I think they have yellow teeth? I don't! They don't!

I'm worried that I'm turning into the mother-in-law that gets talked about..."well, you think THAT'S bad, you won't beLIEVE what MY mother-in-law/boyfriend's mom gave ME...SOAP and SHAMPOO. Seriously?"

I may be in BIG trouble.

Tonight, we had our Christmas Eve service at our church. It was a great time of worship with a children's story, lots of singing, and the Lord's supper. It was great to see all of the families there...little kids all the way up to great-grandparents. So blessed to be a part of a church family.

Tonight, for the first time in...FOREVER...I have no presents to wrap! I finished wrapping this afternoon, and so I might actually get to go to bed at a decent hour! It's a Christmas Eve miracle!

I am so excited to have my kids here tomorrow!

"Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased." Luke 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment