Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ice Storm Day 3...I Be Freeze

When Joshua was little and he was cold, he would say, "I be freeze." Isn't that the cutest thing ever? So, of course, that is what we started saying and still say even now when we are cold..."I be freeze."

I'm not really cold. We have power and it's toasty warm in our home. I was outside shoveling a path from our garage to one of the vehicles...and I guess I got cold down to my bones. Can't get warm now.

We've had a good day. We did not go to church, altho they had one service this morning. We have basically been holed up here all day. And just got word that schools are closed again tomorrow. I think that's the right call, but I sure don't like making up the snow days later.

One of my children, who shall remain nameless, but his name rhymes with "Park," may or may not be being a crab because he doesn't like being "stuck in the house." Never mind the fact that he has been at his girlfriend's house most of the day...which I made the mistake of telling him after he made his "stuck in the house" remark. He looked at me and said, "I mean, have you ever heard of cabin fever?"

Angels hold me back.

Because what I wanted to say was, "have you ever heard of childbirth? Or being "stuck" for days on end in a hospital room with a child when you don't know if they will live or die? Yeah. Or four children under the age of 10 at the grocery store...or, better yet, "stuck" in a car for 16 hours so we can take y'all to flippin' Disney World?"

You wanna talk "cabin fever?"

Seriously?

But I took a deep breath and said, "yes, I've heard of it."

I don't usually get cabin fever. I don't know if God just made me that way, or if I've learned because of my circumstances (with Joshua) that I can't always get out and go and do like other people...but I'm pretty content at home if we have power. And food.

I guess it's like I said the other day...that someone's best snow day ever is someone else's hardest work day ever.

And someone's cozy day at home is someone else's "cabin fever."

"If we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content." 1 Timothy 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment