Saturday, November 9, 2013

That Nut-Job Windbreaker

Well, I think I've documented Joshua's love/hate relationship with the Arkansas Razorback's head coach's windbreaker.

It's exhausting, really.

And something no amount of explanation can change.

Today, we played Ole Miss in Oxford...and we lost. And Joshua went NUTS about the windbreaker.

I was feeling good today...like I had a good strong mental constitution going on...and I had a little time to kill, so I thought I might explore Joshua's reasoning on the whole windbreaker thing.

I asked Joshua how a piece of clothing could make any difference in a game, one way or another, and he said "do you SEE the offense? Or the defense? Or the "lag" thereof?"

Me: (again) "I SEE it, Joshua, but how does a piece of clothing cause any of that?"

Joshua: "It's because of that nut-job windbreaker that we're losing."

Me: "A windbreaker can't cause a win or a loss."

Joshua: "Well, that's how I see it."

Me: "Okay...but HOW?"

Joshua: "I'm not talking about that right now."

And this is why logic never works with a Fred.

"If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men." Romans 12:18

No comments:

Post a Comment