Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday. Growing up, I don't really remember celebrating it too much. Altho there are a few pictures of us, I have no memory of any costumes or anything. My Mom did tell me that on my 2nd Halloween, I would sit down and immediately eat whatever candy or treat I was given. That was back in the day when you didn't have to have the FBI check things out before you could eat it.

Once we started our own family, we mainly did the church carnival things. I liked it because the costumes were innocent and fun. And we would usually go to a few of our neighbors or friends' houses. Nothing big.

I spent most of Halloween day in Little Rock, because Joshua had an outing with his group. By the time I got home until dinner time...it was hectic. I'm sure most moms cans relate to this. I was trying to get dinner on the table before the trick-or-treaters got there, and I had a football moms meeting. I fixed lasagna (Joshua's choice), salad, broccoli and cheesy, garlic bread. As I sat the broccoli down, Joshua goes, "ahhh, broccoli....smells like feet, but SO good for you."

ANYWAY...

I LOVE staying home and handing out candy. The little kids are SO adorable.

The big kids? NOTSOMUCH.

Seriously?

This year...wow. So many precious littles.

BUT, I also had a terrorist. Seriously, a BIG kid straight-up dressed like a terrorist. Head-to-toe...complete with a black, plastic machine gun.

I nearly fainted.

Here in the South...that will win you no Snicker's bars.

I also had a DAD dressed full out in a sock-monkey onesie.

Wait...

A GROWN MAN WEARING A ONESIE.

Not a good look for anyone.

On another note, Holly helped me paint our pumpkins to look like minions from Despicable Me. They were sooo cute! And a big hit with all the kids AND parents who came to our house. Lots of people took pictures of them, or had their kids' pictures made standing in front of them.

On another, ANOTHER note, I love Arkansas. The weather here is so unpredictable. We've had our heat on for a couple of weeks, but yesterday? We had a storm front come through, and it was so hot! I almost turned on the air-conditioning. I was not comfortable when I went to bed last night. I figured I would have a hard time sleeping. We typically like it cooler at night. But the front came through and it feels AWESOME out today. The sun is shining, and the sky is blue and clear. So many people in Arkansas lost power last night in the storms. We are blessed with a nice day for the linemen to get the lines back up and fixed.

We have a football game tonight. We are playing a team who hasn't lost in, like, 46 games or something. Eeek!

"Let all creation rejoice before the LORD..." Psalm 96:13

No comments:

Post a Comment