Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not gonna lie, I thought today was going to be sad...but it hasn't been too bad.

It was quiet, laid-back, productive, restful. Just a little lonely...but not much.

My heart is full as I think back on my many blessings. I read this blog post this morning that really took me back to when Clark was born.

I could SO relate to this young mother. I remember being the same way with Clark. PRAYING he would stay inside my body for 3 more months. Or 40 more days. Or one more day. Thanking God for his birth, every breath, every milestone. Most people don't "get" why we are so excited over everything this child does...whether he excels at it or not. It's just the fact that he's HERE that is the miracle...and everything else is God blessing us far and beyond what we deserve.

Each of our children have been and are our greatest blessings, and we don't need one day a year to remember that. Our parents...the fact that they are still here...blessings to us. Jim's job was up in the air this year, and yet God has provided for us. There are many things on our prayer list regarding our children and their futures and all of that. We have seen this year that God leads us step-by-step. He doesn't show us the future...he doesn't tell us how things will all work out. He guides and strengthens us as we go.

I did some Christmas decorating today. For our Thanksgiving lunch, I warmed up Joshua's left-over chicken sandwich from our meal at Outback last night. I know, right? I made sausage balls...because they sounded good. I ate one of them and put the rest in a bag. They did not hit the spot. Then, I saw a partial bag of FROZEN mozzarella sticks that I sometimes fix for Clark after football practice. He comes in starving half to death and can't wait 10 minutes for dinner...so I try to have something ready to soothe the beast. Anyway, there were 6 in the bag and I made them. Nope...they weren't what I wanted, either. I gave up and made myself some hot tea.

Jim never ate lunch. He was busy putting together furniture. We finally bought a kitchen table and chairs the other day. We have been using a table from Jim's mom...and my Grandma Ellen's chairs. Every one of the chairs is broken in some way. Jim's chair was missing the entire back. I couldn't find exactly what I thought I wanted anywhere. The other day, we found a table and chairs we liked at a furniture outlet place (we're classy like that) and Jim picked it up yesterday. It was all in boxes and needed to be put together. That's what he did ALL day. He was trying to get it done in time for dinner, so that we could eat at our new table...but it was taking so long and I finally served dinner at the bar. We sat on our new bar-stools that we bought at Target last week. I mean, there were just 3 of us here...no sense being all fancy-like. I warmed up all the left-overs from the week, and, as Joshua says, "cleaned up the stuff in the frig."

I guess it wouldn't have been too good to have our first meal on our new table be frozen cheese sticks and sausage balls, right?

Oh, that sounds disgusting now.

It was a pretty good day. I've loved looking at everyone's pictures on social media....all gathered with family and friends for this holiday. Makes me happy to see.

Well, Clark just walked in and Logan is on his way home...then, Lord willing, all the bowies will be in the nest tonight. Holly and Aaron are still out-of-town.

So very thankful today.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment