Friday, November 8, 2013

Thursday Night's Game and Friday

So I wrote this lonnnng post and accidentally pressed a button and POOF! Gone.

And I tried to get it back, but I couldn't...and it was late last night and I didn't feel like retyping the whole, entire thing, so I did what any normal, tired Mom would and went to bed. Which is why this post is titled Thursday Night's Game...AND Friday.

I had to add the "and Friday," because it's FRIDAY now.

But this post was supposed to be about Thursday...and our game on Thursday night. Whatever.

On Thursday, Holly and I took Joshua to Little Rock to meet up with his group...and then she and I spent the day together. Had lunch, went shopping. It was SUCH a fun day. Joshua and his group went to an art studio place to paint Christmas ornaments. As usual, there was drama between some of the friends. He always gives us a blow-by-blow in the car on the way home. And he is never involved in any of it! Ha, ha!

Except for things like what happened on Tuesday, when he wrote on a piece of paper "I am a single bachelor," and Jenni, HIS GIRLFRIEND OF TEN YEARS saw it and all hell broke loose. His defense? "Well...I didn't know she would SEE it." And when we would ask him why he wrote that in the first place, the answer we got...the answer we ALWAYS get..."uhhh...I'm not talking about that..."

Back to Thursday night...we had our last football game of the regular season. It was a perfect fall football night...cool, crisp and clear. Joshua breathed out and said, "AHHHH...I can see my bref." :) We thought we might romp over this particular team, but we didn't...and I about had a heart attack before it was all said and done from the stress of it.

Well, that, and from trying to keep Joshua in check. If you've ever talked to people with Down Syndrome, they typically have a certain sound to their voices...raspy, deep, monotone sounding...even when they are very excited. So he was yelling, "put Clark in!" And when he got frustrated with the defense, he said, "put in the JV team...put in the sophomore team...put in the babies." Yeah. It seemed like he always yelled when it was quiet, so you could really hear him. I kept telling him to "shhh..." and then he would just mutter under his bref. I mean, breath.

And if you know the Down Syndrome "face" where the jaw is set and the lip is out...yeah...it was like that.

But we did win, and we were very thankful. The play-offs start next week, and I think we will have a "bye."

Logan and Morgan came home to her parent's house late Thursday night. He called and asked me to meet him at the mall and "help" him get some clothes to wear for their engagement pictures...WHICH ARE THIS AFTERNOON. Argh. I told him that I am ALWAYS willing to help whenever...but I am not a last minute kind of girl. He has had 2-3 weeks to take care of this, but didn't. Morgan tried to help him, bless her heart. She already has her outfits all figured out. They went shopping for him one day last week. She said he got overwhelmed and frustrated, and they ended up not getting anything.

I know how he is about shopping. He's been this way FOR-EV-ER. But, not gonna lie, I got more than a little frustrated when he told me he got overwhelmed in the GAP, because...hello? I've given birth 4 times and so I'M JUST SAYIN'.

But we went and I was as patient as I try to be with Joshua when he tells me the same thing 50 times a day, or with any of the other kids when they try my patience in one way or the other. We're all different, am I right? And our kids are all different.

You know how when you are dating and you get married, you spend a lot of time getting to know the other person...and finding out what makes them tick. If you work at it, it really helps you understand the other person, and prepares you for being a parent, because your kids? Probably not gonna be just like you. I'm sure Jim thought that at least ONE of our 4 would be like him and none of them are. They are a mix of the two of us, and some from the ones who have gone before...and a little bit of stuff God threw in there just for fun. And it's our job as parents to try and figure out the best way to encourage, motivate and teach our children.

Now, I love Logan more than life itself, more than my own life...but shopping with him makes me want to gouge out my own eyes. Seriously. It is not for the faint of heart. I may need a nerve pill. ;)

BUT, we ended up getting 2 pairs of khakis, 1 pair of jeans and 2 shirts...and "didn't nobody die."

(What's that quote from? RUSH HOUR. The first one, I think!)

It was a pretty quick shopping trip. We ate lunch at the food court, and then I came home and he went to Morgan's parent's house to get ready. I seriously did enjoy every minute with him, because times with just the two of us are very rare.

I can't believe we are having another WEDDING! I love Morgan very much. I am so thankful that she is going to be Logan's wife and partner for life! We are excited to have her in our family. I told her that I hope she has about 4 little boys just like Logan!

It was a beautiful afternoon, and Logan and Morgan looked so cute! I just know the photographer got some GREAT pictures! I can't wait to see them!

"Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens; Your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 36:5

No comments:

Post a Comment