Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Sleepy Saturday

We've had a really nice day today. Bella-the-puppy woke us up around 4:30, barking in her kennel. Jim gets up with her when he is home, WHICH HE WAS, so I couldn't figure out WHY he wasn't getting up and taking care of the situation.

(AHEM)

Maybe the fact that it was 4:30 a.m.?

He was actually trying to make her "wait" until 5, because that would seem less painful than getting up at 4:30...FOR A DOG. He did wait until 5, but none of us went back to sleep during that 30 minutes. Except maybe Bella. She did settle down a bit...but not for long.

Jim finally got up with the her. I heard him take her outside. I heard him bring her back in. I heard him pour her food. I heard him get her water. I heard him open up the package of "busy bones," and toss one on the floor. Notice a "theme?" I HEARD him.

WHY IS HE SO LOUD?

But then...he was silent.

JIM was silent.

And I HEARD the jingle of Bella's collar running in the kitchen. And I HEARD her standing outside our bedroom door. And I HEARD her bounding down the hallway.

JIM...was silent.

I got up.

I walked into the family room. Jim was laid-out on the love-seat. He looked at me, and said, "WHY are you up?"

And that's how Jim died.

JUST KIDDING. But REALLY?

I made myself a cup of hot tea, and sat in the living room with Jim and Bella. At one point, I looked over at them. Jim was asleep. Bella was asleep. I got myself up out of the chair, and headed back to our bed. And I slept the sleep of angels for another hour. :)

I woke up to the smell of bacon.

Which, how awesome is that?  I mean, unless you are a vegan.

We hung out here all day. I didn't leave the house except to walk Bella on the leash in our driveway and out in the street. We are trying to teach her to "heel." 

I also started the lonnnng process of taking down the Christmas decorations. I thought I about had everything, but, at dinner...I looked up at the ledge over the cabinets, and saw a Christmas sign.

I actually still have our "family" Christmas tree up. I've taken all the ornaments off of it, except for one that Rhodie really likes. I'll probably try to get the tree put up, and the family room back to normal...tomorrow.

Maybe.

Jim said he had some gift cards for Chili's, so we ordered our meal "to-go," and ate here at the house. It's just soooo cold outside. We invited Holly, Aaron-the-son-in-law, and baby Rhodie to come over...and they did.

And that's IT. That's all we did all day.

For those of you keeping up, I did hear from Clark late last night...early this morning. He said there were lots of really spiritually needy kids at his D-NOW weekend, and that he was really glad he came. :)

"Then Jesus said, “Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment