Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ruby, Rhodie & Tuesday

So, a couple of weeks ago, our music minister's wife asked me if I would watch their 7 year old daughter, Ruby. They also have a 10 year old daughter who has some health issues. She was going to be at Arkansas' Children's Hospital all day today, for tests and appointments...and Ruby didn't really want to go.

I mean, can you blame her?

Joshua had Therapeutic Recreation today, and I had to take him early this morning. Ruby went along for the ride, but she said, "it seemed like it took a really long time to get there." Yep. It did. But she was so sweet about it.

I also introduced her to Jenni, Joshua's girlfriend. She told me that they "looked a lot alike." :)

After we got back to town, we headed straight over to Holly's house. I recruited her help, because I knew there would be times when I would need to be gone during the day...getting lunch, picking up Joshua, etc. The whole "bribe" her parents did to "talk up" her getting to stay with us was, "they have a grand-baby...and a new puppy." Ruby thought she was going to be excited to see Rhodes...but nothing could have prepared her for when she saw Marley-the-dorkie-yorkie.

Ruby doesn't have any pets, because her Mom and her sister are both allergic...but Ruby LOOOOOVES animals. When she walked in Holly's house and saw Marley...I wish I could've bottled her enthusiasm. She squealed and giggled, and it was just the sweetest thing!

I don't think Marley has ever had so much attention. Also? I don't think Marley will ever want that much attention again.

HAHAHAHA!

She dressed Marley up in about 5 or 6 different "outfits," and it.was.hilarious. Marley was embarrassed and humiliated, as we made him stand still for pictures. I could see him thinking, "if dogs could go to hell...it would be just like this: 7 year old girls dressing you up in clothes all day every day...forever."

She did play some with the baby, but even he couldn't compete with her love of the dog.

I had put Bella-the-puppy in her crate while I was gone. I knew I needed to go home and let her out. Ruby was dying to go with me, and "play with the puppy." I tried to explain to her that Bella is BIG...and that she is very JOYFUL and BOUNCY and out-of-control crazy.

Words did not do it justice, because when I let Bella out of her crate...she went absolutely NUTS. You would think that, after being cooped up for 4 hours, she would want to run and play outside.

Mmmmmm...notsomuch.

All she wanted to do was jump on Ruby. I would grab her and firmly say, "NO!" or "DOWN!" Over and over and over.

Didn't faze her at all.

AT ALL.

I was exhausted when we finally left. We went back to Holly's house. I left Ruby there to play, and I went to get Joshua.

Joshua's group did an art project this morning. He said they used baby food jars, and made a "slow-globe." :) I asked him what he put in his, and he said, "some silver specks, some red specks, and some purple specks...and some bees."

Of course, he meant to say, "beads." It was pretty cute, because I could just see a swarm of bees swimming around in a jar of water. Or, I guess they wouldn't be swimming...they would be dead.

And floating in a jar with silver, red, and purple specks.

Then they went out for pizza for lunch. It is a well-documented fact that there's nothing the FRIENDS like more than eating out for lunch.

Unless it's eating out for dinner.

Joshua told me that he had the salad and pizza "special." He told me what everyone around him had to eat. He said his friend, Sassy, had an "open-faith sandwich."

HAHAHAHA!

If you've read here long, you know that a statement like that is like giving me a soft pass...I typically would take something like that and run with it. My kids have said that I can make a life-lesson out of a bologna sandwich...but, tonight? I'm just too tired. :)

Talk amongst yourselves.

We came back to town, and went straight to Holly's house. Ruby had had a big time hanging out there...watching TV and playing with the dog. Poor Marley. He will probably sleep for 2 days!

After Ruby's Dad came to get her, we stayed a bit longer, and I rocked the baby...and then we came home. It's been a long day...a good day...but a long day...and I'm happy to be settled in at home.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment