Thursday, February 2, 2017

Cracker Barrel, OBU, and a Trip to Craftyland

It had been 17 days since I'd seen his face, my college bowie.

Which, I realize is nothing to most or many of you out there...but we live 1 1/2 hours away from his college, and 17 days is a long time for us. Even if our college bowies (Logan is also in college, working on his doctorate) can't come home-home, we try to meet them every 2-3 weeks, at a halfway point for a meal.

Clark has been working youth retreats on the weekends, since he's been back at school...so we haven't seen a lot of him. I'm super proud of him for giving up his "free" time to invest in the lives of younger boys...but we miss him.

So, today, Holly, Rhodie, and I took off down to his college for a visit. We had planned on meeting at a little sandwich place in town, but Clark got there first, and called us to say it was packed. He called to ask us to meet at Ye Olde Cracker Barrel.

We had a great visit. I was so happy to see him. He had asked for a few things from home, and I loaded up a box and 3 grocery bags FULL of goodies for him.

Because, I am Mommy.

After lunch, we drove back to the campus, and went to the bookstore for some swag. And then we had to take Clark back to his dorm, and say our good-byes.

(sniff)

I miss him so much. He told us that 3 of his classes this semester are 3 of the hardest classes he has EVER had in his life. Bless him!

He also told us that he tries to go to bed around 8 p.m. during the week. 8 P.M. Yes, this is a COLLEGE BOY. Now, not EVERY night...it depends on what is going on...but he said he has figured out he thrives best on structure. He said he gets up at 4:15 a.m. during the week, has his quiet time, and then either goes to the gym to work-out...or, goes for a run.

We stopped at a little vintage market place on the way home...I called it "crafty-land." Rhodie was SOUND ASLEEP, and I carried him all over that place. Holly kept offering to take him from me. Not gonna lie...he was heavy...but I told her I would carry him til my arms fell off.

I just love him so much.

After we left there, we headed to pick up Joshua from his Therapeutic Recreation. He told me they went to fitness at the gym today, and that "good, ol' Mr. Lee" led the class. After fitness, they came back to the TR Center, and ate lunch. After lunch, they baked cupcakes for their outing on Friday night.

We finally made it home around 4. It was a LONG day, but a good day. And a FUN day. Rhodie did GREAT! The last 10 minutes or so, he tried to lose his mind...and Holly had to pull out every trick in the book to keep him happy in his car-seat.

I love my family, and I love all 4 of our kids. I wish I could see them all every day, but I am thankful for the lives they are creating, the goals they are pursuing, and how they are seeking God's will for their lives. They are all doing well, but let's be real honest here...seeking God's will, laying down your wants and desires, waiting for His plan to unfold...can sometimes be very hard.

Keeps me on my knees, because I am relentless in my prayers on their behalf.

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment