Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Look UP

Ever notice how babies don't look down when they crawl or walk or climb?

They don't look at the obstacles in their way 

Instead, they look ahead...and UP.

Today, Rhodie crawled over to the stairs. We've been trying to hide it from him...that we have stairs...because we knew that once he found them, it would be ALL HANDS ON DECK all the time.

Rhodie caught sight of the stairs today, out of the corner of his eye. He crawled over blocks and other toys to get to them. When he got there, he didn't look at how big that first step was, or calculate the best and most effective way to climb that step.

He didn't ask his baby friends what they thought about it...should he climb the stairs, or not. He didn't ask them what they would do.

He didn't form a committee to discuss strategy, or make a detailed plan.

NOTTHATTHERESANYTHINGWRONGWITHTHAT.

No. This baby knew exactly where he wanted to go.

And even tho he had never actually climbed a stair before, he looked up...not at the next step...but at the TOP of the stairs, fearlessly raised that left knee, and began to pull himself up.

Lots of lessons here.

"Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment