Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thankful Day

I went to the store today after I dropped Joshua off with his group. I just needed a few things. It is bitterly cold here...for Central Arkansas, anyway...and the wind was cutting through my clothes. I decided to leave my big coat in the car while I shopped because because BULKY.

But I finished up my shopping and when I got home, I unloaded everything from the car. It was cold outside, but the huffing and puffing and hauling from bringing in the groceries had made me hot! As I shrugged off my coat and threw my keys on the table, I thought, "WHEW! It's HOT in here!"

Immediately I stopped. I took a deep breath and let the thankfulness wash over me.

Thank you, Lord, for shelter that keeps out the elements; for food, clothing, a vehicle, heat on a cold day, Jim's job, our family...and a place we can all call home.

These can all be gone tomorrow, or even today.

Thankful most of all for Jesus. :)

"...but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

No comments:

Post a Comment