Thursday, January 9, 2014

Grotee

So, I wrote about Joshua's hair recently and not much has changed. Except that his Therapeutic Rec group is not starting back for a couple more weeks, so he doesn't really have a reason to spike his hair up on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. For now, he just spikes it on Sundays. And it sits high and proud in church.

Holly has a friend in nursing school who'll say about another girl, "she's got hair up to Jesus."

So, yeah. He's got hair up to Jesus.

Shark bait...ooo-ah-ah.

But now...his face.

WHAT IS THE DEAL?

Logan has let his facial hair grow over the break. I mean, no school and the engagement pictures have already been taken. He's thinkin', "what's the point?"

Well, that's all Joshua needed to fire him up. He has decided that he's not going to shave until Logan goes back to school. That's about January 18th. And there's nothing I can really say to him, because LOGAN...

Oh dear.

So Joshua's got hair growing, like they say in L.A. (Lower Arkansas), everwhichaway on his face. He mainly wants to have a "grotee." That's what he calls a goatee. He has been trying to trim it up himself and his vision is not the greatest. Plus, when you look in the mirror, everything is backwards. You cannot even imagine what it looked like.

And at this point I just need to remind myself why it's important we get help with this...because there was that time when he was trying to trim up his sideburns on his own, and couldn't get them even and kept going from one to the other until...poof! He shaved them completely off and even shaved the hair up over his ears on either side. Made him look like a Vulcan. A little Downsy Vulcan.

Beam me up, Scotty.

ANYway, I begged implored Holly to come over and she helped trim up the grotee other day. Even I have had to resort to helping out with it, and that's kind of a "no-no" for me. I have had a "hands off" policy with all things hair related when it comes to Joshua, ever since I accidentally snipped the top of his ear. It was back in the day when he was a squirming toddler, and I cut his hair at home to save money. Blood went everywhere and I pretty much felt like the worst.mom.ever.

Hey...it was a tiny snip. Who knew ears would bleed that much? And then when I got him all settled down, I finished up on the other side and snipped that ear, too.

And then I was DONE WITH THE CUTTING OF THE HAIR. Forever. I mean, seriously? It's a wonder Child Services didn't take him away from us at that point.

So, in-between visits to Ms. Hope at the Sports Clips, Jim and/or Holly are in charge of any and all of Joshua's hair-related needs. What was it Hillary Clinton said?  "It takes a village."

Yeah. A village with a razor.

And maybe a nose hair trimmer.

Because Joshua's nose-hairs? Yes, they are a problem.

I can't wait to see what the grotee looks like in a couple of weeks. I'll post a pic on my Instagram: @martythemoose

"May mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you." Jude 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment