Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Update

We have had a good weekend.

Had a great win on Friday night!

On Saturday morning, we got up and headed down for a football game at OBU (We love football...can you tell?). They were playing Harding University and it's always a big game. They call it the "Bible Bowl," because both are Christian colleges.

We lost. :( But it was a beautiful day! We got to see some "old" friends. We had such a fun time! We had almost the whole crew with us. All 4 of our kids and our son-in-law...and Clark's friend. We missed Morgan being with us...she stayed home with her sister, Bailee. Morgan has been about to die to get home and take care of her. We were so thankful she and Logan came home this weekend. Even tho Logan stayed with her family an hour from here, we were able to pick him up and he got to spend most of the day with us.

I LOVED having all 4 of the kids together. Each one of them brings something different to our family...and they bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in each other. Today it was only the best! They pretty much entertained themselves the entire day with a rousing game of "let's-make-fun-of-mom," which, gotta say, I personally always love. Except not. To quote Roseanne Barr, from back in the day, "now I know why some species eat their young."

I'M JUST KIDDING.

But hey...I did catch a t-shirt that the cheerleaders threw into the stands, so there's that.

After the game, we went to see Jim's parents. They like to celebrate birthdays with their grand-kids if at all possible, and Logan is turning 22 this week! So we all went to dinner and it was a lot of fun. We came back to their house and loaded up some groceries (long story) (it's like her "thing") (she buys tons of groceries on senior citizens day at "The Krogers" and then she makes all the kids take stuff from her house when you come) and came home.

I will have to write a post (or three) about them because they are just about the most eccentric and generous people I have ever met.

We dropped Logan off at Morgan's parent's house, and didn't see him again before they left to head back to school earlier today.

Makes me sad.

But we really enjoyed seeing him yesterday. :)

Today, we had SS and church. After we got in from lunch, my friend, Stacy, called. She and her daughter, Tori, were in town and coming by to visit. I was SO excited! They came and stayed all afternoon, and we were able to visit and catch up. It's just so nice to have friends who know you well enough that you can just be yourself. With Stacy, she pretty much knows what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling...and WHY I'm feeling that way. She loves my husband...loves my children. I can tell her anything and she will love me anyway. I can tell her anything about my family...and she will love THEM anyway. She is honest to a fault, and her encouragement has gotten me through many tough times. Her prayers have sustained me. I love her so much.

I'm so thankful for her friendship.

I was feeling kind of low the past few weeks...not bad, just a little. It hasn't been hard to meet people here in our new town...it's just been hard to connect with them. We haven't found our friend group...haven't found our niche. So I've been thinking and praying about it a lot...and God is so gracious. On Friday night at our ballgame, I was able to reconnect with someone I knew years ago...and so that was nice. On Saturday, we saw several "old" and dear friends at the OBU game. And then today, I got to see one of my besties. It's like God is saying, "I know, child, I know...I hear your prayers."

"...your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask Him!" Matthew 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment