Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weekend Update

All in all, we've had a good weekend. A lonnnng weekend. I'm tired. TRIED, really. Jim and I aren't used to late nights! I would say it's because we're OLD, but honestly, we've always been this way.

Got home around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday morning from our away football game on Friday night in the NW part of Arkansas. Left at noon on Saturday for a football game in the NE part of Arkansas.

Yeah, I know...we're world travelers!

Logan's church tail-gating before the football game, and the college pastor had invited the parents to come up and meet the staff...and other parents. We also wanted to have some extra time to go to the hospital to see Bailee before all of that.

We weren't able to stay long at the hospital...she had visitors when we got there, and was having visitors come in while we were there. Of course, she was sleeping through it all...bless her heart. If you saw her laying in the bed, you wouldn't know anything had happened. She has NO facial injuries at all, except for a thin line above her right eye-brow. That's where she was pinned in the car...her face was all the way up to the ceiling, and the floor-board was up to the level of the dashboard. She was literally pinned in. They had to use the Jaws of Life to get her out.

Her mom said that Bailee told her she was so scared...that's the first thing she heard when she "came to" was that loud sound. And she was all alone. And scared. Bailee's mom cried when she told me that story. It broke her heart to think of how scared she was. We know that the Bible tells us there's nowhere we can go away from His Spirit. He tells us that even in the darkness, He is there. I heard Rick Warren talk about Psalm 23, "even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, You are with me." He said that if there's a shadow...there has to be a sun...some sort of light. We know that in that car...in Bailee's shadow of death...she was not alone. Jesus was right there with her. The SON. The Light of the world.

So thankful for God's protection, and praying His healing hand will be on her during the weeks and months to come. She has a long recovery process ahead of her.

After we left there, we headed to the stadium. Logan wanted us to meet his college pastor and his wife...and some of the leaders at their church. We were able to meet his "adoptive parents" and they are the sweetest things you've ever seen! They've been doing this program for 10 years, so they have quite a few kids that they've mentored. She said it was so neat to meet up with them in their travels. All of the people we met have played such an important role in Logan and Morgan's lives. It's just a blessing to have people like that to help you along the way...people who love your kids and love the Lord and are willing to take the time to invest in the lives of people they aren't even related to.

We went to the Arkansas State Homecoming game and it was a lot of fun. Saw a few friends there. The weather was great! We left at half-time because Logan was wanting to get back to the hospital to be with Morgan and her sister.

Bailee was discharged to home late this afternoon via ambulance (it's a 2 1/2 drive). Hopefully they can make her comfortable and start figuring out all of her therapy and doctor visits and surgeries.

I was so tired this morning. As we sat in our SS class waiting for it to start, I asked Jim if it was bad that I was already thinking about my after-lunch nap. Ha! I never got the nap, but I also never really exerted myself at all.  It's been a relaxing day. Clark informed us on Friday that he doesn't have school on Monday. Whaaaat?

You know, with my first child, I would've highlighted that on my calendar back in August, so that I would know every holiday, every school function, etc.

With Clark being my 4th child...can't say I even know where the school calendar IS.

It's been a busy, full weekend. I've been reminded how things can change in an instant. Feeling thankful tonight.

"You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5

No comments:

Post a Comment