Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Update

We have had another good weekend.

We had a win on Friday night! On Saturday, Jim, Clark and a friend all ran in a 5k here in our town. Joshua and I cheered them on and took pictures. The skies were cloudy and dark, and it was soooo muggy! Jim and Clark made it to the finish line without running in the rain, but the other member of their group got soaked! We had lunch after the race and then hung out here at home the rest of the day. I made a big pot of chili and all the fixin's for dinner. It was a great, relaxing day. Of course, a HOG win would've made the day better...

Today, we had SS and church and then spent time at home today as a family. Holly and Aaron came over and we all went to dinner together. Everyone is getting ready for the week ahead. I hope and pray it's a good week.

Does it seem like the world is getting worse and worse...or is it just me?

I mean, I guess it's not going to get better until Jesus comes, but I am weary with all the bad stuff on the news. It's gotten to where I can't even watch it anymore. I do want to keep up with things, but it stresses me out to hear about the violence and crime...and people doing the most inconceivable things to the innocents. I can't stand it.

I know I can't be the only one. Nearly every morning when I wake up, someone has texted or called or emailed me with these words, "please pray."

Life has much joy, but it can also be very hard. I'm so thankful to know the One who has me in His hands. I'm thankful for the HOPE that we have in Christ Jesus.

I'll sign off with some lyrics that have meant so much to my extended family during a very difficult time...

"There is strength within the sorrow. 
There is beauty in our tears. 
You meet us in our mourning with a love that casts out fear. 
You are working in our waiting, sanctifying us. 
When beyond our understanding, You're teaching us to trust. 
Your plans are still to prosper. 
You have not forgotten us. 
You're with us in the fire and the flood. 
Faithful forever, perfect in love, You are sovereign over us."
Aaron Keyes, "Sovereign Over Us."

"For You have been my hope, Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth." Psalm 71:5

No comments:

Post a Comment