Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Update

We had such a great night tonight!

Our JV had an away game. We played a team that we lost to last month. Jim, Joshua and I headed down there this afternoon...it was about a 45 minute drive. Jim's parents were meeting us there. We left wayyyy too early, and got to the stadium wayyyy too early. Should you think I'm joking...we were the first people in the stadium ON EITHER SIDE for about 25 minutes.

Where to sit...where to sit...?

We saw our bus pull into the parking lot, and Jim's Dad walked over to see Clark as the team came onto the field. It was so sweet. I could hear him say, "you do good now, boy...ya hear?" He is so funny. And then Jim's Mom told me that she went to Wal-Mart today for 4 things: a new phone (land-line), panties, rat poison...and cookies. She said the checker "looked at her funny."

Ya think?

It was a hard fought game and we won. Clark played his best game of the year so far. Stopped two touchdowns from happening. I was so proud of him!

Their bus broke down and he still isn't home...AND he has a paper due tomorrow. Ugh. One day he'll learn about not waiting til the last minute...just not today.

I was really thankful that Jim's parents could come watch Clark play. Just don't know how many more of these days we will have. It meant so much to them, and I think Clark was happy they came. They thought he did great!

I'm so thankful for the influence of grandparents in the lives of our children.

"...guide the young men to live disciplined lives." Titus 2:6

No comments:

Post a Comment