Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bringin' Home Baby

We are headed up to Missouri to pick up our son from Kamp...where he has been for the past TWO WEEKS.

I am beyond excited to see him...beyond excited to hear what God taught has taught him...what he's learned.

I've made a banner for the mantle...and a sign for the door. That's what we do at our house...birthdays, special occasions, doing well on a test, welcome home...we put a sign on the door.

And I made a special dessert to have later.

Parenting older children is a series of letting go and welcoming back...adjusting to your new normal when they leave...readjusting when they come home. Our house has literally been a revolving door the past 2 months. I love it...the crazy and unpredictable-ness of it...but it sometimes leaves me weary. I love having them all here. I just don't like it when they have to leave to...you know...GO BACK TO THEIR OWN HOMES/LIVES.

Jim jokingly said that I wouldn't be happy until we have our kids living on either sides of us, and across the street.

Pbbbbbbbth...

What does HE know?

Because, I was thinking that we could buy some land, and then each child could build on it and we, all the kids and their families, could all live...there...together...

Just kidding (not really). Yes, really.

I think that might be too close for most of us...but, not gonna lie. I do like having the kids close. I know it might not always be this way, so I'm going to enjoy it as long as the Lord allows.

Anyway...we had to get up at 3:30 this morning...we are leaving here at 4. I barely slept all night...I'm so excited to see my bowie!

"A joyful heart is good medicine..." (Proverbs 17:22)




No comments:

Post a Comment