Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wednesday: Choir and Cookies

Had a great day today! I took Joshua into Little Rock to his Therapeutic Recreation. He talked the ENTIRE WAY THERE about what he's been working on upstairs. For those of you who are waiting to hear: he is almost finished writing Book 1 in his series.

But don't worry...he's already got the 2nd book in the works!

He keeps his ideas in the "notes" section on his phone. Book 2 will have "more intensity, be more mature, have more connections."

JUSTSOYAKNOW.

But no matter how many books he writes, Jenni will only get one page in each book.

I dropped Joshua off, and then I did a little shopping. Holly called and she was done with her test at nursing school, and we met for lunch. Then she came home, and I went to get Joshua.

Joshua had a good day at TR. They loaded up this morning first thing and went to City Hall to decorate. It's something they get to do every year and they really enjoy it. Joshua said he helped with a lot of things, but mainly he helped with the "reefs." And then the staff of City Hall provided lunch for all of the FRIENDS and they were so excited!

After I got Joshua, we came home and I made a big mess of cookies to take to choir tonight. I mean, Momma's gonna need a SNACK, right? As I packed them up on a plate and headed out the door...I almost stopped and left the cookies at home. I mean, I'm new here. Was this hokie...bringing cookies to choir practice? I wouldn't have thought a thing about it before...at our old church...in our old town. But here...I was kind of nervous about it.

Well. Everyone went NUTS over them. One guy told me that those cookies, "made his Christmas." And while I appreciated the compliment...seriously...that's just SAD! It's a cookie, people!

I'M KIDDING.

Everyone was so nice and complimentary. And isn't it interesting that sometime that was so simple for me to do, was so encouraging to others. I'm telling you...before it's all said and done, we'll have these people bringing sausage balls and spinach dip.

Mark my words.

Holly and I...not only are we having to bring back monograms (the college girls in our town wear them, but not really anyone else. THEY ARE FOR EVERYONE)...now we are going to have to bring back the snacks.

Because, "as God as my witness, I'll never be hungry again."

Name that movie.

(Gone With The Wind)

It's exhausting that Holly and I are having to carry this whole thing: the town, our church...the choir (KIDDING). The people already can't figure us out. We have a blast together and we love coming to choir together. I think I wrote about it before...that someone asked us if we were "co-workers." We totally thought that was a code-word for something else, because no one acted like they believed we are mother and daughter. We also show up places dressed verrrrrrrry similarly. And we laugh...a LOT. People don't understand that we, you know...have fun, love life, and enjoy being together.

I was so excited about choir tonight. I love the long rehearsals, because I love the music and the people and the connections I am making at our church. I realize that I'm in the minority here because most of the people in choir...well, they work a long day at an office or a school or a hospital. Many of them are moms and dads with littles running around, and they would probably give anything to just.stay.home.

But me? I stay home with Joshua almost all the time. I try hard to make his life interesting and fun and enriching and educational. And it IS! And I am trying to do well by him, because he is just so precious.

But I also answer the same questions over and over. I talk about the weather a LOT. I go to the grocery and to the post office on certain days like clock-work. Sometimes, we get crazy and go to Target!

Don't get me wrong...I love my life. I love being a mom, and even tho sometimes, my life doesn't seem too exciting, I feel so thankful that God has allowed me this privilege and blessing in life.

But I also get REALLY excited when I get to do something fun with other people, and choir is so fun! The music is awesome, and the words to the songs in our Christmas program really touch my heart.

I loved today so much! I love being with my family, and I loved being with my church family.

God is good, all the time; And all the time...God is good.

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless." Psalm 84:11

No comments:

Post a Comment