Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Sunday I Almost Wore Two Different Shoes to Church...and Playing Pictionary

This has been such an awesome day.

We had a great service at our church this morning, complete with the Lord's Supper.

I will have to say that I nearly went to church wearing two completely different shoes. I was wearing a red dress, and I wanted to either wear my black booties or my tall black boots. I couldn't decide, so I put one of each on and went out to ask Clark. When I came in the family room, Jim said that Clark had already left.

Well, I piddled around and then realized it was time to go. I was telling Jim and Joshua to HURRY UP, when I happened to look down and saw my feet! OH MY WORD! I said, "oh no! I almost went to church wearing two different shoes...which one looks best?" Jim said, "hmmmm..." like he was thinking. Joshua said, "don't worry...you look fiiiiiiiinnnnne," and he walked past me and out to the car.

What in the world?

And then we had a 2 hour choir practice this afternoon. IT WAS SO FUN! I love all the music and the orchestra and the voices...and the lyrics to the songs. Our music minister did such a great job intentionally choosing really strong, doctrinal pieces for us to do. I love them all so much!

Tonight, we had a Sunday School party for the class we used to be in...yep, THIS class. The one we were in before we moved to our new building and had to switch classes in order to be in worship with Joshua. We were invited to come to their Christmas party. Yes, we were.

And we went. Oh, yes we did.

We had a great time! We ate and visited and played Dirty Santa with the gifts. Jim and I were ready to go, but one of the girls in the class said, "NO! We have to play a game!" I was thinking, "OH NO...this is going to be painful."

But the game was Pictionary, which I totally ROCK at (ha). AND, we played girls vs boys which always helps, since I'm pretty sure the last time we played Pictionary was with our friends Bob and Cindy, Chuck and Sandra, Bill and Ruth, and Ken and Judy Shaddox...back when we lived in Searcy, Arkansas.  We all got in a big fight because I'm pretty sure the guys cheated...and we ended the evening laughing so hard that my stomach hurt the next day.

I miss that.

Today was a good day.

"And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near." Hebrews 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment