Monday, December 1, 2014

Welp, It's A Monday

I'm sitting here, taking a time out from what I'm supposed to be doing, to write about how I should be doing what I need to be doing...instead of what I'm doing.

"Do you understand the words that are comin' outta my mouf?" Name that movie.

(Rush Hour)

It's Monday, and it's cold and rainy and gloomy.

I had to get new tags for Logan's car this morning...and yes, they were late because it's December 1st. But, hello? The office was closed most of last week. And I realize that I had 3 weeks before that to get it done, but I've been busy, y'all.

We also had to go to the grocery, because BREAD AND MILK, so, Joshua and I headed out early to try and beat the rain. It was about 43 degrees when we left, and it was cloudy. We went to the car tag place, walked in, were next in line...bah-dah-bing, bah-dah-boom...DONE! I told Joshua it was an early Christmas miracle!

We headed to the grocery, and, OF COURSE, it started raining on us as we were walking in...and it was still raining on us walking out. It was so cold! And one of us thinks he's made of sugar. Just sayin'.

When I got in my vehicle, the outside temp was 37. In, like, 45 minutes it had dropped 8 degrees! BOOSH!

Got home and made lunch. Jim came home, ate lunch, went back to work.

KNOCK-KNOCK. Anybody there?

Ok. Just checking.

Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...

There are boxes of Christmas decorations everywhere in my house, which is why I am sitting in the chair writing on this blog.

Seriously, I literally cannot open our front door. I just put up a garland over the door on the inside. I've had this particular garland for over 10 years, and the leaves are falling off everywhere...annnnnnnd it smells.

I'm so fancy.

Yep. It's a Monday.

I have a Christmas tree in my entry that has lights and mesh on it...and no ornaments. And it's been that way for a week. I ain't even mad about it. It's pretty just the way it is.

The mantle over our fireplace is completely empty, with the exception of a nativity scene that I'm giving to Holly...and two candle holders with no candles in them. Also, the ladder? It's back in our living room. I am taking down all the fall decorations out of the bookshelves. The mess is overwhelming me right now.

I have two glass containers that I keep M&M's in year-round...one for the regular kind and a smaller one for the peanut kind. They make my husband and my son-in-law so happy. I try to keep them filled with the seasonal colors, so this morning I poured all of the "fall" colored M&M's into a baggie for Aaron-the-son-in-law...and I filled the containers up with the red and green candies. So festive!

Honestly, I felt like I could be done decorating after that.

Because then I sat down.

And then I picked up my computer. And now...

Heyyyyyyyy! How are y'all?

Yep. It's a Monday. :)

"Let Your unfailing love surround us, LORD, for our hope is in You alone." Psalm 33:22

No comments:

Post a Comment