Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday, Decorations and Lights

We have had a nice day here. I made blueberry muffins for Joshua since it's Friday and he didn't have anywhere to be this morning. He always says he is going to "sleep in" on Mondays and Fridays, but he never does. This morning, at 9 a.m., Joshua still wasn't up. I can see his door from the bottom of the stairs and it looked dark in there...his light was not on.

I've written before that this makes me VERY nervous. Joshua is such a creature of habit and routine that any time something is out-of-order, that's a potential red flag.  Several times every year, we read about families who have a child with Down Syndrome, a young child or an adult-child, who has died unexpectedly. Like, they just don't wake up. And even tho I know we will see each Joshua in Heaven, I really don't want to walk in on that situation.

I walked slowwwwlllly up the stairs. When I got to the top, I stopped to listen.

Nothing.

I peeked my head into his room...and breathed a quiet sigh of relief. I could hear him making "mouth noises" that are unique to him.

I went back downstairs and in about 30 minutes, he came down, too.

We hung out here at home most of the day. Oh, please go to my Instagram (martythemoose) and look at the picture of our front door. I had asked my husband LAST WEEKEND to please put the outside garland over the door, and he said that he would because the weather was warm and sunny and perfect. But then he didn't.

He was off work today, and even tho it was cold and rainy, I asked if he would please put up the outside garland over the door, and he said, "I did." And then I walked outside to see...well, I posted the picture on my IG and on Facebook. You just need to see it for yourself.

At first, Holly and I just stared at it. I mean, seriously? But then I started laughing...the kind of laugh that makes your cheeks and stomach hurt, and before I was done laughing, I was wiping tears from my face.

And so, we may or may not be on the Holiday Tour of Lights: Redneck Edition...because PEOPLE WERE DRIVING BY.

We may have to move. In fact, I have a feeling that our POA is meeting about us as we speak.

And then tonight, Joshua's Therapeutic Recreation group was going on a Tour of Lights in Little Rock. It's a tradition that they do every year. We took him in to Little Rock and then Jim, Clark and I went out for dinner. We had a good time, just the 3 of us. It's usually just the 3 of us, but it's me and Jim and JOSHUA. Tonight, we enjoyed our time with Clark.

Joshua said they had a great time. He planned to give Jenni her Build-A-Bear Elsa-Bear tonight. He walked into the Center with that giant B.A.B. box behind his back. When he pulled it out, SHE.WENT.NUTS. It was really cute. She LOVES it! They were really cute and sweet.

Tonight.

Tonight they were really cute and sweet. :)

"A friend loves at all times..." Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment