Thursday, May 4, 2017

Bad Weather, Re-Runs, And Easter Undies

I feel like I've kind of gotten out of the beat of the rhythm of the night with my blog. I still love it so much, but I definitely use Instagram more. I think because it requires less thought, and I'm old.

The End.

Thank you for reading.

We've had a good week here. We had all 4 kids here...plus the two add-ons (what Joshua calls his brother-in-law and sister-in-law) and baby Rhodie...on Friday night, and it.was.wonderful.

(sigh)

Just didn't last long enough, but upside: I didn't bawl like a baby when they left.

Go figure.

We had terrible weather here on Saturday. My husband works for a large utility company in our state...so he was called in to work on Sunday. He stayed in town long enough to teach in our small group at church (thank goodness, because Momma had not even LOOKED at the lesson!)...and then he headed out.

Jim ended up coming home early on Monday afternoon, and it was great! He and Joshua went to the gym, and they brought home Subway for dinner.

Joshua loves left-overs (he calls them re-runs). If I cook at home, he is excited to have "re-runs" for his lunch the next day. I call him "Grandma Ellen," because my grandmother would start talking about her next meal...while she was eating her current meal. Ha.

If we eat "out," or bring home carry-out, Joshua will eat exactly half of what is on his plate...and save the rest for his lunch the next day.

So, on Monday night, we had Subway. Joshua and Jim split a foot-long sandwich. Joshua carefully cut his 6" piece IN HALF, and set it aside. Then, he ate the other 3" piece. He was so excited to take that sandwich to Therapeutic Recreation on Tuesday!

When I picked him up from TR, I walked in like I always do...and walked down the hall. I heard one of the FRIENDS call out, "MOM ALERT!" I didn't think it was a warning, but when I got to the big room, the director said, "You can't be in here!" Turns out, they were making Mother's Day crafts!

Oopsie!

I did get a cute picture of Joshua and Jenni-the-girlfriend, tho. They were having a good day.

After we got back to town, we hung out with Holly and the baby for a while...and then Joshua and I went to have an early dinner. After dinner, we ran to our local Wal-Marks to pick up a few things.

While we were in the check-out line, Joshua whispered something to me, and grinned. I said, "excuse me?" because I didn't hear what he said.

He smile, and whispered louder, "I'M WEARING MY EASTER UNDIES...and they are very comfy!"

"He causes the clouds to rise over the whole earth. He sends the lightning with the rain and releases the wind from His storehouses." Psalm 137:7

No comments:

Post a Comment