Thursday, May 11, 2017

Choir Practice and Dancing With the Stars

We've had a good week so far. I mean, as I'm writing this...it's just Wednesday.

I love Wednesdays. It's the half-way time during the week...so, if you have plans for the weekend that you're excited about, Wednesday gets you that much closer to them. If you're having a bad week, it's kind of like a re-set day. And, if you're having a good week, well, then Wednesday is WednesYAY.

Plus, I have choir practice tonight...WHICH I LOVE.

I don't have a great voice. I used to have an "okay" voice. My Mom was very musical and she was very involved in the music programs at all the churches we attended growing up. But I had some surgery about 7 years ago, and something happened...I don't know...but now my voice is on the struggle bus.

But I still love music and I love to sing.

God bless the people who stand near me. :)

I also love the feeling of community I get in choir practice. So, YAY for Wednesdays!

This is Joshua's last week of Therapeutic Recreation for this semester. The summer program starts at the beginning of June, so they will have a break for the next few weeks. This break is designed to let the STAFF refresh and reboot and re-energize for the summer program. It is also the time I will be asked 27 times each day, "how much longer until the summer program?"

Yesterday, Joshua's group stayed at the Center all day. They have a big art festival coming up this weekend, so they are busy preparing for that. Jim picked him up on his way home from work. Joshua said, "Well, Jenni wanted to go outside." They have a little patio area where they have their garden...and there's a covered patio area, and some picnic tables. It's nice. But, Jenni saying, "let's go outside," is CODE for: "let's find a quiet place to smooch."

So, they asked one of the leaders if they could go outside, and he said, "yes...but take someone with you."

They did...but apparently, the one they took was not a good chaperone, because Joshua said, "Jenni got romantic."

I said, "oh, she DID?" He said, "well, we BOTH did."

He said, "Jenni wanted to dance, so she put on some country music. We danced like Dancing With the Stars...except I did NOT pick her up!"

"Praise His name with dancing..." Psalm 149:3

No comments:

Post a Comment