Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Happy Meals, Jim's Birthday, Winnie-the-Pooh

We had a good anniversary, but we spent the day living out that whole "in sickness and in health" part of our marriage vows.

Jim is rarely sick, but it seems like he is usually sick on our anniversary...or on his birthday (it's the day after). I don't know what that says about our marriage, but it can't be good...amiright?

Over the years, we've learned to be flexible when it comes to our plans...which explains why our anniversary dinner consisted of a drive-thru, and some Golden Arches.

I didn't pick it...the health nut, did.

Which, if you look up the gift for 37 years of marriage...pretty sure it shows a picture of a happy meal. 

I'm just sayin'.

One more thought on our anniversary, before we move on: One day, I was shopping at the little Hallmark store in our town. A wooden sign on the wall caught my eye. On it was a quote from Winnie-the-Pooh.

If you know me, you know I love me some WTP. He's just so sweet, loyal, loving, and innocent.

I was immediately drawn to his words on the sign: "If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus a day...so I would never have to live a day without you."

I remember those words bringing tears to my eyes, because that's exactly how I feel about my life with Jim.

I didn't buy the sign, because I thought it was too expensive...and I also wondered why a grown woman would have a Winnie-the-Pooh sign up in her bedroom...or living room? But I came home, and tried not to cry as I told Jim about it.

I don't know what kind of reaction I was expecting, but it wasn't the one I got.

He looked at me, kind of exasperated-like, and said, "who wants to live to be 100?"

THIS IS MARRIAGE, PEOPLE.

And why I say you should marry your best friend...because comments like Jim's can be a death sentence, amiright?

Today is Jim's birthday, and I am very thankful for him...and I'm praying for him to feel better.

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment