Thursday, March 16, 2017

Bella-the-Labrapanda's First Hair-Cut

We had a good day today. Jim took Joshua to his Therapeutic Recreation. Bella had an appointment to get two booster shots, and an appointment with the groomer...so we left our house at 8 a.m. and headed to the Vet.

I've been to the Vet twice now. Last time was her first time to go...and this was the 2nd time.

They put us in a room, and Bella was going NUTS. About the time I got her settled down, the groomer girl came in to talk to me. She wanted to know what i wanted, as far as grooming goes.

WHAT DO I WANT?

I want her hair cut, is what I want.

I had no idea that there were so many services offered...FOR A DOG. I told her we weren't fancy people, and she wasn't a fancy dog. She's just a dog I thought would be a nice, calm, inside dog...but she's turned into a dog that wants to be outside rolling in the mud.

(sigh)

I looked at the list of options. I said, "I want everything shy of the SPA TREATMENT."

What the WHAT?

SPA treatments? For DOGS?

If anyone in our family is going to the SPA, it for dang sure ain't gonna be the dog!

The best part of the whole thing was that they took her at 8 in the morning...AND THEY KEPT HER ALL DAY. Seriously...I got SO MUCH DONE today. I feel like a new woman! Not really, but she is a handful at home. She has a TON of energy. She goes and goes and goes and goes...and then FINALLY she goes to sleep at night.

We have to watch her CONSTANTLY in the house. And, when we put her in the backyard, she somehow finds a way through, under, or over the fence...almost every time. She's like a jello Houdini. And do you know what is super fun? Chasing a very large puppy that looks like a panda bear...all over the neighborhood. Because she won't just come to you when you call her...she thinks it's a big game.

Ohhhhh...that's fun.

I was able to wash/change sheets, and clean out two downstairs rooms that have been housing Christmas stuff (I'm embarrassed about that, but it's gone now!). I had taken the rest of the Christmas stuff upstairs, and it was just sitting on the landing...waiting for us to put it in the attic. Jim has offered to do it many times, but there's a method to my madness, and I prefer to do it myself.

Hence-the-putting-up-of-the-Christmas-decorations-in-March.

Also, I didn't want Jim rummaging around in the attic, because the first thing he would say is, "we have a lot of junk." And we do. And the second thing he would say is, "we need to get rid of a lot of junk." And we do. And the 3rd thing he would say is, "with all of this Christmas stuff, WHY would you EVER need to go to Hobby Lobby?" And I don't have to tell you that Hobby Lobby is my JAM. Even if I don't need or want anything...even if I don't buy anything...I just love looking. So, NO SIR, that is not happening.

I vacuumed, and folded clothes, and straightened up in Clark's room. Now that he's in college, I don't go up there much...but he is coming home this weekend, and so are Logan and Morgan...so I wanted their rooms to be clean and fresh and inviting! Not that THEY care. They don't. But I do.

And then Holly called, and asked if I wanted to watch Rhodie for a bit, while she ran a couple of errands. Ummmm...YES, please!

And then I had to go pick up Joshua from TR. I didn't get back to town until nearly 4 p.m., and we both went to pick Bella up at the Vet.

The staff said they were all in love with her. They said, "she looks adorable...wait til you see her! She has two bows in her hair!"

TWO BOWS?

I didn't know they were going to do that!

Before Bella, we only had Labs, and they always stayed outside. We gave them rabies shots, and that's about it. No baths, no haircuts, no bows in their hair.

They put us in a room, and we waited. Finally they brought her to us. Bella looks so cute! She's what's called a "parti-Labradoodle," so her natural coat is black and white. With her hair being 5-6 inches long, her coat looked muted and kind of dull.

NOW? You can see all of her patches and spots! So pretty! And she is very soft!

She was pretty worn out from her big day...and that is a good thing for the rest of us!

I realize that many people take their pets to the groomer on a regular basis...but we aren't those people.

But we might be turning into them...very soon!

"Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after [ag]their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after [ah]their kind”; and it was so. 25 God made the beasts of the earth after [ai]their kind, and the cattle after [aj]their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1: 24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment