Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Spread the Word to End the Word 2017

The "r" word.

"Most people don't think of this word as hate speech, but that's exactly what it feels like to millions of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families and friends." (taken from the r-word.org website)

Here's how I feel about it:

The English language is full of words that bring healing, comfort, and encouragement.

I've never understood why people continue to use a word that brings so much hurt and degradation to some of the sweetest, most innocent people on earth...and their families.

People have told me, "we just can't say ANYTHING anymore, without someone getting their feelings hurt."

And to that I say, "Yes, you CAN!"

Here are some "r" words that better describe my son:

*RESOLUTE
*REPUTABLE
*RUGGED
*RESPONSIBLE
*RESILIENT
*REMARKABLE

Isn't like so much better when we treat each other with RESPECT?

"And the King will answer them, 'I assure you; Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.'" Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment