Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Crazy Dog and Tornadoes

Well, last night was interesting!

First...let's back up...

I had the baby all day yesterday. Joshua was a big help to me with the dog and the baby.

When I took Bella-the-Labradoodle to the Vet last week, they sent her home with several different medicines...for kennel cough, for a hook worm, for fleas, for heart worms. The only thing she has out of those 4 things is the hook worm. Those pills are supposed to be taken every 12 hours until they are gone.

Like, one week's worth.

Well, little Miss THANG is too smart for her own britches. I tried putting the pill in her mouth, and then holding her mouth shut until she swallowed.

Or, until I thought she swallowed.

As soon as I took my hand away, she opened her mouth, and dropped the little pill on the floor.

Grrrrr...

So, I covered the pill in peanut-butter, and put it in with her regular dog food. She ate all the food, LICKED OFF THE PEANUT-BUTTER, mind you...and left the little pill in the bottom of her bowl.

I wrapped the pill in cheese. Same thing. Cheese gone, pill left.

I pushed the pill down into a piece of ham. She ate the ham...spit out the pill.

WHY DOES THE VET HATE ME?

When Jim got home, I told him all about it. He said, "well, OF COURSE, she's not going to just take the pill...you have to hide it in a piece of ham or something."

OH GOOD. DIDN'T THINK OF THAT.

(sigh)

So Mr. Smarty Pants took a piece of ham, and made a little slit in it, stuffed the pill down in there...and then gave it to Bella. He was so smug. I didn't say a word. Bella chewed for a minute, and then hung her head over her bowl.

We heard, "pleenk," as the pill dropped out of her mouth, and into her bowl.

Oh so you're little slitting-of-the-ham suggestion didn't work?

Yesterday, she was supposed to have the heart-guard pills, and the flea guard pill. They were chew-able pills, and she took those just fine.

But, last night?

She lost her ever-lovin' mind.

She was so antsy...whining and panting and scratching herself all over. She went to every door, whining for Jim. He was out-of-town, and she.was.beside.herself. I told Holly about it, and she said I could have one of the pills they give their dog when there's fireworks outside.

I almost did that, but first I hit up The Googles, trying to find out if I could give Bella a Benadryl. I finally figured out that I could. I figured out the amount, and then I had a panic attack thinking of what all could go wrong...would it kill her? UGH. I finally just gave it to her. It took a while for her to calm down...but she was finally was settled enough to get in her crate...and we all went to bed. I was worn slap-out from keeping the baby...and from dealing with Bella...and I was asleep in about 3.5 seconds.

Our meteorologists had called for bad storms in the night, so I told Joshua he could sleep downstairs in our guest room (Logan and Morgan's room). It ended up being a good thing, because at 1-something in the morning, we had our first tornado warning...And then at 3, we had another one.

And do you know what is super fun? Trying to get an 118 lb dazed and confused young man...up and in a closet...in the middle of the night.

And we were trying to do it all without waking the minion of lord voldemort, who was some how sleeping through it all in her crate.

I had the TV on in my bedroom, so I kept going back in there and watching their report. If I know there's a chance of bad weather, I will have out everyone's coats and shoes before we go to bed. So, Joshua had his shoes and coat. I went and got his Bible and his phone...and then he was all set. At one point, I noticed him reading his Bible. I don't know what passage he was reading...I'll have to ask him...but it was the sweetest thing ever.

Even the most innocent and childlike mind knows that, come what may, our hope is only in Jesus.

"Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them.Then He said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 18:3

No comments:

Post a Comment