Thursday, March 5, 2015

Potty Yoga (yep...you read that right)

I'm laughing at myself because the title of my last post was "Pancakes and Birth 'Defects,'" and, in the post, I never even wrote about the pancakes! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Apparently, Tuesday was National Pancake Day. IHOP was giving away free pancakes all day, if you made a donation to a charity. People were tweeting about lines out-the-DOOR at IHOP. I decided to just fix pancakes for dinner at home...and it was great! Someone (again, on Twitter) said they googled the top-secret IHOP pancake recipe...so I did the same. I usually use the recipe on the back of the Pioneer or Bisquick box, but this time, I used the IHOP recipe.

And Jim used his gluten free cardboard box recipe.

I'm not a big pancake person, because I don't like syrup...but I had a bite of one...you know...to test it out. I thought the IHOP pancakes were really good. My fake IHOP pancakes didn't "rise up" like the ones at the restaurant, tho. Jim told me that I needed to make them thicker and they would. I told him that I FOLLOWED THE TOP-SECRET IHOP RECIPE EXACTLY, thank you very much. Clark said there wasn't that big of a difference in taste between the IHOP recipe and the box recipe...so if the box recipe was easier, I should use those.

Well, there's 10 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Anyway, Jim fixed sausage, bacon and eggs. I made pancakes and just a few biscuits. It was such a great night.

Okay. Back to this post.

I learn so much from Joshua on a daily basis...but this really took the cake.

I am usually on top of things, but I don't know...I think my brains fell out the back door this week. Not only did I not have cash to give Joshua for his lunch, I didn't remember until we were half-way there that they were doing Yoga. Joshua always wears gym clothes on Yoga days at his Therapeutic Recreation, and then brings a bag with clothes to change into after that. I completely forgot.

He was fine. He is limber enough and his clothes are loose enough that he can do Yoga moves and it not be a big deal. He kept saying, "I just forgot." I said, "No, Joshua, YOU didn't forget...I forgot." He said, "Yeah...I was confused." I said, "Joshua, this is not your fault at all, but it's not a big deal. I am the one who forgot...you didn't even know!"

After couple or TEN times of going over this point, he finally let it go. He said, "I didn't even think we were having Yoga today. I was busy getting ready...having my quiet time, shaving, doing potty Yoga, getting dressed..."

Wait. WHAT?

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

I've written before about how Joshua is ALL about being physically fit. Or, as he calls it, "fiscally" fit.

Which isn't bad, either.

ANYWAY, for a long time, Joshua had a bo-flex machine. Or, as he called it, his "BLOW-flex." We sold it when we moved, because we just didn't have room for it in this house. He has free weights up in his room, and he uses those exercise bands every day. He is all about a schedule, so he has certain times of every day that he works out different parts of his body. He is so disciplined. I've walked in on him many times when he's watching TV. He'll be standing up in front of his TV, using those exercise bands or lifting weights at the same time.

So I said, "POTTY...YOGA? What is that?"

Joshua went into a lonnnng and knowledgeable explanation of potty Yoga. He also included a visual demonstration...which was both insightful and more than a little distracting as I DROVE 70 MPH ON THE INTERSTATE.

Because there was the side-to-side reach. Yep.

And the spin movement. Sure to work.

And the reach over...allll the way over. The mental image of this one alone...has scarred me for life.

Joshua said that anyone can be "fiscally" fit, and that there's always time for exercise. He said there is NO EXCUSE for not exercising.

Basically, he said, "if you can sit on a toilet, you can exercise."

Well, there's a sentence I never thought I would type.

I'm gonna try to film him demonstrating the Potty Yoga (hopefully while he's sitting on a normal chair with his clothes ON), and I'll post it on my Facebook (Marty Logan Garland) if I do.

"For you have been bought with a high price, therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:20

No comments:

Post a Comment