Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Love Is An Open Dooooor!

I took Joshua into Little Rock today for his Therapeutic Recreation. Today they were being interviewed by a local TV station and then being filmed while they did their Yoga class.

Wait.

Let that sink in.

The TV station is going to film them...WHILE THEY ARE DOING YOGA.

I've written about their Yoga classes before. How some of the FRIENDS don't like it because it's...well...EXERCISE. And then how Joshua puts some martial arts moves into it. And how, at the end, the instructor rubs their feet or their heads...and Joshua worries because she doesn't wash her hands between FRIENDS.

I've got to get my hands on a copy of that tape.

Anyway, Joshua was a nervous wreck. I told him last night that they were going to be filmed, and he worried about it all morning. He said he had a "nervous stomach," this morning and we all know THAT isn't good.

This is why there are some things we don't tell him...and there are some things we don't tell him until we just have to. My mother-in-law tells my sisters-in-law...and other members of the family...and her friends...and probably the strangers at The Krogers...I'm sure of it..."they just don't tell him ANYTHING." (and, she doesn't read the blog, but she knows this is true. I know it. Others know it. I'm okay with it. It's just good to know, ya know?) (and she's sorta right...we don't tell him EVERYthing, but we DO tell him SOMEthings) (I love my mother-in-law, but I promise we aren't mean parents...and there's a reason for everything we do when it comes to Joshua). We try to tell him what he can handle at the time. :)

I debated on this one, but decided to tell him last night. I should've known it would make his tummy feel icky. I asked him if he wanted to stay home this morning, but he said he wanted to go. He said, "I'll get over it pretty soon."

Joshua said that the "dude" came in and interviewed Mrs. Alanna, the Director of the Therapeutic Recreation program...and then basically observed them and filmed them getting ready for their Yoga class, and during the class.

Joshua said that the "dude" told them to all just "act normal" while he filmed.

Ummm...

Anyway, t was a typical drive in to LR. Joshua and I talked.

We listened to the radio. On K-LOVE this morning, a lady called in to say that "up North" where she lives (Massachusetts), they call a grocery cart, or grocery buggy...a "carriage." Joshua and I thought that was so funny. I started talking in an English accent and said things like, "put the carrots in the carriage, young man," and "follow me with the carriage." Joshua just looked at me and said, "I don't speak British."

We sang. We sing a lot when we are in the car.

Today, we were singing a song from FROZEN while we were sitting at the stop light, and THIS happened:

Love Is An Open Door

He makes me so happy!

"Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment