Thursday, June 5, 2014

Cuttin' It Close...

I'm sure the random people who happen upon this blog might be reeeeeeeeal tired of all the wedding posts. I'd like to say, "I'm sorry," but...MY BABY GOT MARRIED...and I just have to record all the sights and sounds and ALL THE FEELINGS in case anyone in our family ever wants to read about it. I think this is the last one...maybe.

The other day we went to Little Rock to do some last minute wedding shopping...me, Joshua, Holly and Logan.

We drove by this hotel, and I said, "Logan, this is where you are staying on your wedding night. Look around. This area is familiar to you, so even if it's dark, you can find your way." I pointed out all the restaurants near-by and talked about other places they could go if they needed anything.

Holly said, "hey...isn't that the hotel where..."

I held up my hand and stopped her right there. I knew where she was going.

We have some sweet friends who have 4 children. Three girls and a young son. When one of the daughters reaches a certain age (I don't know the age), the Mom will take her and they will spend the weekend in LR, shopping, eating out and talking. They have some other special things planned for the weekend, but mainly it is the weekend when they have the "sex talk." The Mom talks to them about purity and God's plan for her daughter's life, and about guarding her heart and body and all of that. And they stay in this particular hotel.

Logan didn't know the story, so Holly was only too happy to fill him in.

WITH EMBELLISHMENT AND ADDED DRAMATIC EFFECT.

Holly said, "hey, Logan...are you going to have the "sex talk" with Morgan on Saturday night?"

Logan laughed and said, "as a matter of fact I am!"

And I'm driving...trying not to veer off the road.

Holly said, "well, I guess by your wedding night, it will kind-of be too late."

And Logan replied, "no...it won't be too late, but it will be cutting it close!"

"...rejoice in the wife of your youth." Proverbs 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment