Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 6: Thankful that God is Always at Work Around Us

I've written, here on the blog, about how, a year or so ago, our church began an intensive focus on discipleship. 

About how our staff wrote the curriculum we would study; how everyone in our church, all ages, is studying the exact same thing; how they put all of this in journal form, and we work thru it each week. 

There's a Scripture passage to read and reflect on each day...and a place for us to write our insights in our journals. 

I don't know how long ago the material for our journals was written. Months, I would guess. 

My youngest son likes to remind me, "God is always at work around you." 

That boy's a smarty-pants. Ha! 

Actually, he's just repeating words I've said to him over the years. And I was just repeating words I read years ago, when I did Henry Blackaby's "Experiencing God" study. 

Months ago, I don't think anyone could have imagined the place we are in now, our church, but God knew. 

Months ago, He laid the passages of Scripture we are studying RIGHT NOW, on the hearts of the ones who were writing this material....and it is perfect for what we need. 

Who knew? 

God knew. 

He is always at work around us, and this is what I'm thankful for today.

"I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment