Thursday, November 2, 2017

Day 2: Thankful for a God Who Hears

I woke up at 3 a.m. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I spent some time thinking all.the.things. 

Like...that, while we are asleep, there are people awake and working hard...keeping us safe, and protecting our freedom. 

And there are first responders: nurses, doctors, emergency personnel...who leave the warmth and comfort of their own families...to care for and comfort ours. 

There are factory workers, store employees, truck drivers, road/construction workers...up before dawn, or working late at night, to meet our needs and keep things running smoothly. 

There are teachers, up preparing lessons, or putting the final touches on them, preparing for the day...bus drivers, getting ready to transport our most precious ones. 

When I wake up in the night for no apparent reason, I pray...for myself, for my family, for friends, my church, needs in my community and the world. 

And I'm not alone. 

People on your street, in your town, your state...and all over the world, are lifting their voices in prayer and supplication to God. 

Some of them may be praying for YOU. 

Aren't we thankful that our God is the God who hears? No matter where we are, He hears us. He never sleeps! And He cares for us. 

This is what I'm thankful for today.

"...casting all your cares on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment