Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 9: Jesus Is The Cure

My sister took this picture of me and my Dad during our last visit. 

He talks so quietly...I had to really lean in to hear him. 

Finally, I just went and sat on the edge of his chair. What was he saying? I don't remember, and it doesn't matter. I just knew that I didn't want to miss a word. 

He used to leave me with really sweet and poignant nuggets of truth from God's word. Not so much anymore, but that's okay. 

He has lived out his faith. The example he set has spoken volumes to everyone who knows him. 

When I got home, I stared at this picture...so thankful to have it, and hoping to sear it into my memory. I looked at the bracelets on my arm, and took a close-up picture: "relentless." That's what I think of when I think of my Dad. 

He was relentless in his devotion to God; relentless in his desire to protect and provide for our family; relentless in his prayers for me and my siblings. And so, now, because of his example, I try to be relentless in my devotion to God, and relentless in my desire to protect my family. 

And I am relentless in my prayers for my kids...for the things and people who are important to them: day, night, middle of the night...I am storming the gates of Heaven on their behalf. 

And the blue cuff I wear...it's words to a song by the group, Unspoken: "You are the cure." 

He is. 

God is. 

Wars, shootings, unrest, protests, elections, and every other thing that keeps us awake at night. There's only one cure for the sin and evil that seems to be rampant in our world today: Jesus. He is the cure. 

And that's what I'm thankful for today.

"As Your name deserves, O God, You will be praised to the ends of the earth. Your strong right hand is filled with victory." Psalm 48:10

No comments:

Post a Comment