Saturday, December 21, 2013

Clark's Recovery

Today has been spent watching Clark.

I watched Clark sleep. I watched Clark eat. I watched Clark take his meds. I watched Clark walk to the bathroom. I watched Clark take a shower. Wait. NO, I most certainly did NOT do THAT. I did, however, listen the entire time he was in the shower...just in case he fainted or something.

Clark slept in the recliner in the living room last night. I slept on the couch right beside the chair.

I'm using the term "slept" lightly. Verrrry lightly.

I've been the cook today...made a grilled cheese at the crack of dawn, and cut it into tiny pieces, so that he would have food on his stomach when he took his meds. I made a milk-shake and a smoothie. I warmed up chicken 'n' dumplin's.

I've been the nurse today...monitoring Clark's fluid intake and any bleeding from his surgery. I'm keeping up with giving him 3 different meds at 3 different times...and making sure he's comfortable.

I've watched more movies since yesterday than I have all year. Not even joking.

And, you know what? I am happy to do it.

And, really, besides watching the movies, everything else is stuff I pretty much do every day for the rotten little rat-finks who live in my house.

If you're a mom and you have older kids...you know that they don't really NEED you for anything. I mean, they DO...they just don't think that they do. At this stage, they like to think they are independent and self-sufficient, even tho they still like for you to do things like...THEIR LAUNDRY...and fix their meals and occasionally give them gas money and buy them clothes and treats. You're just supposed to do it like a Seal Team 6...quickly, quietly and never seen.

I love each of my children to the moon and back. Today has been a good day. So thankful for Clark's recovery.

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me." Psalm 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment