Thursday, June 28, 2012

Painting...

Gotta be honest. I don't really feel one bit like writing anything, but I do want to record...for later...what all is going on with us.

We now own two homes.

Let me rephrase that: our banks now own two homes. In our names.

Just reading that line makes me very tired.

If this sounds like I'm complaining, then it's coming across wrong. We are so blessed. I know many who've had to move out of their homes, due to the economic conditions and various financial set-backs...and many who have NEVER owned a home.

Okay...just so we're clear.

I'm just very tired.

So, this week, Joshua and I have been running back and forth to Conway. We've taken boxes to unpack, and also things like painting supplies. I specifically chose boxes that would keep Joshua occupied and make him feel productive as he unpacked...so that I could concentrate on painting. I really wanted to get Clark's room painted before he gets home from Beach Camp...and I finished it up yesterday. YAY! Joshua unloaded several boxes of his stuff into his closet, and also unpacked about 800 VHS tapes. WHY...I don't know. I guess because they were in the boxes I gave him.

We really need to get a machine that plays the VHS tapes...or we need to get rid of all of them.

Jim said we could "take them to Hot Springs." That is his solution for everything..."take it to Hot Springs." His poor parents have more stuff than they know what to do with NOW...they do not need anymore from US!

So, we decided to take the day off Wednesday and not go to Conway. I had a doctor's appointment, anyway. It was such a relief not to have to get up and get out of the house early. I cleaned the kitchen, my bedroom, did some laundry, vacuumed. This house really needed some attention! AND, they are wanting to have an Open House on Sunday...further motivation to get some things done early!

Holly and Aaron came in on Wednesday night. Aaron surprised Holly with tickets to the Lady Antebellum concert for their 1 year anniversary. They spent the night here, and then Aaron went back home this morning. He will be back after work on Friday. I am excited to have Holly here...she is a big help to me.

Today, Holly and I painted Joshua's room. I think we can get by with one coat on all the walls but one. One wall had chalkboard paint on it and that will probably take 2 coats. It was great to have Holly's help today. It's the first time she's seen the house. She agreed with me that there is a lot of potential there...which will require a lot of work. And money.

So...after painting nearly every room in THIS house...I will need to paint nearly every room in the NEW house. My arms are so tired!

I think Clark is having a good time at Beach Camp. I hope so, anyway. I have prayed over him daily. I can't wait to see him tomorrow night. They aren't allowed to use their phones except for 15 minutes at night. So far, the only text I've received is a "thumbs up" to a message I sent HIM. I hope and pray that God is doing a great work in all of their lives...next week is back to football in Conway for Clark, and maybe even staying some nights with Jim at the new house.

Change is hard. I am thankful for a GOD Who never changes.

"For I, the LORD, do not change..." (Malachi 3:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment