Friday, July 6, 2012

Underwear on the Table...

A long week.

Every day, my schedule is basically the same...get up...while Jim and Clark get ready to leave for Conway, I wait for Logan to leave for work. We eat breakfast. I clean up my entire house. I try to get at least one load of laundry going. I pack and load boxes or furniture. We've been using a lot of towels at the new house...both after being in the pool, and for showers. And small dishtowels for cleaning. I've been loading them up when I leave Conway, and bringing them home to wash and dry...and taking them back each day. Joshua and I typically leave for Conway between 9:30-10 each morning. Jim has been picking Clark up from football and bringing him to the new house. I've had lunch ready for us every day. I have picked up food on the way into town, but mostly I fix things here and take there. We have Holly's old dorm frig in the kitchen, along with a large ice-chest for drinks. After we eat lunch, Jim usually rests a while before going back to work. Clark usually showers and tries to find a place to nap. Joshua hangs out with me and helps me unpack or he listens to music or spends time organizing his new room...while I paint.

And paint.

And paint.

And then we leave, come home, start dinner, pack boxes, load boxes, go to bed...and start all over again the next day.

I am so tired.

And a random thought about boys...

Seriously?

I know I've heard other moms say that clothes fall off their boys' bodies like the rapture has just happened, and I'm just sayin'. I can totally relate. Sometimes, the clothes fall off my boys all in one place...like they literally jumped out of their clothes. Sometimes, it's like this past Christmas Eve...Logan took all of the clothes he found laying around...and made them look like people were sitting on the couch. FREAKED ME OUT on Christmas morning, when I was trying to creep in the living room in the dark to put more presents under the tree. Mostly, tho, clothes fall off my boys ALL OVER THE HOUSE. Here a shirt, there a cap, everywhere a shoe-shoe...shoes are the worst! Logan, especially, has more shoes than the other two boys combined...and more shoes than Jim has ever owned in his whole life!

And they are everywhere.

Everywhere.

Kitchen floor, living room floor, under the couch, in the bathroom, in the game-room...ugh. One day this week, I picked up 4 pairs of Logan's shoes and 3 pairs of Clark's shoes...just in random places in the house. Logan has caps and hats hung on hooks and doorknobs and on top of the counter. Found a belt on the floor in the living room.

This morning, tho, took the cake. I walked into the kitchen and there was a pair of underwear on the table. The KITCHEN table. Where we EAT. 

(I think I just threw up a little in my mouth)

At first I just looked at them. I mean, it's early...I'm tired...maybe I'm seeing things...because there's no way any boy of mine would leave their skivvies on the table, right? RIGHT? 

I did what any normal mom-of-boys would do...got the kitchen tongs, picked up the underwear, and took them straight to the laundry.

My mother-in-law, however, probably would've sniffed them first to see if she could tell if they were clean...

Not me, man. No how, no way.

"Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment