Thursday, July 19, 2012

We're Here...But It Ain't Pretty

Yeah. We're here.

For some reason, Jim decided to schedule the majority of the move last week while Holly was here. Nevermind the fact that she came up so we could attend Miss Arkansas every night. Then, he decided to move the appliances (washer, dryer, frig) on the Friday that I had to be gone for 14 hours...driving up to Missouri to get Joshua from Camp Barnabas...AND BACK.

OMW.

I love him half-to-death but men and women certainly do not think alike. AT ALL.

So, it's been an adventure. We still have lots of stuff at the old house. Well, not LOTS...but a LOT.

Clear?

I am just really thankful for God's provision. Right now, we are all operating on fumes and just the strength that God gives us each day is what is getting us through. Don't get me wrong, this move has been SO SMOOTH (relatively speaking)...so there are really no complaints (unless you count the fact that Jim is making us move like gypsies...having family and friends pack all of our stuff in pick-ups and on trailers and making a thousand trips up and down the interstate at all hours of the day and night).

I am thankful for my family. God definitely knew what He was doing when He gave me 3 strong boys. They have been such a help to us in the past few weeks. Seriously. Strong, willing, protective. I love them.

And, God knew what He was doing by giving me a daughter. I love the times I get to spend with her. She is a HUGE help to me with Joshua...and with Clark. I love her so much, and let's face it...she's like a breath of fresh air in a room full of boy stink! It's amazing how each member of the family has a distinct role...and when they are here, things function one way...and when they are not, they function in a different way.

We are also very thankful for this new home. We are praying that our Bryant house will sell soon...and for the family who will occupy it one day.

So, for now, we get up and work hard here at home. Jim works hard at work and then works hard at home. We go back and forth to Bryant. We are constantly trying to find stuff. Is it here? Is it in Bryant? We are living out of boxes. We fall into bed at night and are instantly asleep. We wake up and start all over again.

"...He gives to His beloved even in his sleep." Psalm 127:2

No comments:

Post a Comment