Monday, June 4, 2012

"you can forget all that...you here now..."

They left at 6:15 this morning...Jim and Clark. Clark started summer football practice with his new team today. I was about sick just thinking about it. I know Clark was nervous, even tho he said that he wasn't.

I had asked several people to pray for him. I had been up since around 5, praying. As much as I want to spare him from that sick-at-your-stomach feeling that comes from being the "new kid," I don't think there's really anything I can do besides pray. 

And, really, that is enough. Or, it should be.

But they left. Jim assured me that he would "get him settled" and stay around to make sure things were okay.

Yeah. About that...

Jim called to say, "well, I dropped him off!"

WHA...WHAAAAAAAAT?

He said that a Black kid came up to Clark first thing and said, "where you from, mane?" Clark said, "Bryant." The kid said, "well, you can forget all that...you here now."

Jim said that one of the coaches saw them walking in and came up to them, too. He remembered meeting Clark at a track meet in Fayetteville. Jim signed a form, turned in some papers...and LEFT.

GAH!

He said, "Moose, what did you expect me to do? Stay there all morning and follow him around?"

Yes, that would be nice. Do that, please.

Jim said, "he did look a little lost as I was leaving." 

I could've gone all day without hearing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment