Monday, April 14, 2014

Perverts and Asparagus

We have had a good "at home" day around here...pretty quiet.

I did a bunch of laundry, and cleaned my kitchen. After lunch, Joshua and I went to the grocery store. We got home and I started on dinner.

It's 16 different kinds of wrong that it takes 2 hours to prepare a meal...and 12 minutes to eat it. What-the-whaaaat?

I put the chicken on to boil, and then made a lemon ice-box pie. I made rice...and the sauce for the poppy-seed chicken. Actually, since I have kids in athletics, I make poppy-seed chicken without the poppy-seeds.

Something about it showing up on a drug test, and all student athletes around here are randomly drug-tested.

So, we had the poppy-seed chicken without the poppy-seeds...and rice, asparagus, salad and rolls. And pie. It's been really yucky here today, and I just wanted something warm and homey tasting.

We sat down to eat. Jim said, "Joshua, this asparagus is from Papaw Genie's garden." Joshua took a big bite and mumbled, "I hope it's not woody."

And then we all died.

OF LAUGHTER.

He didn't have a clue what he said that was so funny...he's just heard my father-in-law say it.

It means the asparagus is tough and hard.

I think I'm making it worse.

Anyway, BOYS.

I was so thankful that Clark's girlfriend wasn't eating with us. She only has a sister, and I'm sure she wouldn't understand.

I promise we don't talk like sailors around here. I don't know where they get it.

It reminds me that last Saturday, I made homemade chocolate pudding as a treat for Joshua winning 3 GOLD medals. I got out 3 sundae glasses and made one for each of them: Jim, Joshua and Clark. I put whipped cream on the top. Joshua LOVED it. It's super easy to make...I just use the same filling that I use when I make chocolate pies.

Anyway, last night, Joshua had some of his left and so he ate the rest of it for his dessert after dinner. When Joshua holds a fork or spoon, he holds it with his pinky finger sticking straight out. I'm sure you've seen a person who has impeccable manners hold their pinky finger out when they drink their hot tea or whatever. Joshua has always done this. ALWAYS.

I've seen other Downsy kids do this as well.

Yesterday, he was eating his pudding, and he had that pinky finger sticking straight out. Clark leaned over and touched it. Joshua pulled his hand back and said, "don't touch me...ya PUH-VEHRT."

What in the world?

We all died laughing.

"...pleasant speech increases learning." Proverbs 16:21

No comments:

Post a Comment