Friday, April 21, 2017

My Dad, Heaven, and BUCK WILD

On our way home the other day, the talk turned to comments about suffering and dying...which led to questions and more comments about my Dad. 

If you read my post last week about my Dad, you know what brought this up. 

Joshua: said, "When Pawpaw goes to Heaven, it will be a happy day for him." 
Me: "Yes, but it will be a sad day for the rest of us, because we'll miss him so much." 
Joshua: "Yes, sad for us. But for him? GOOD." 
Me: "Yes, he will be very happy." 
Joshua: "Pawpaw is going to go BUCK WILD when he gets to Heaven." 
Me: "Why do you say that?" 
Joshua: "Because he'll get to see his family, like your Mom, and all of his friends up there!" 
Me: "yes, he will." 
Joshua said, "I hope I get some of Pawpaw's qualities...he's the 'most godliest' man I know." 
I said, "he is. He is faithful, patient, humble, content, and he's an awesome prayer warrior." 
Joshua: "He is strong. He is my only grandparent who served our country in the military." 
Me: "Yes. He loves God and he loves our country. He was dedicated to his job, but he loved his family more. He loved my mom, and he loves Grandma Clara. He loves all of his grandchildren, and he loves Grandma Clara's kids." 
Joshua: "uh-huh, and not only that...HE HAS ALL OF HIS HAIR. It's not the same color it used to be, but he's still got it!" 

So, in summary...my Dad still has all of his hair...annnnd he is going to go BUCK WILD when he gets to Heaven!

"For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with Him the believers who have died." 1 Thessalonians 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment