Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Update: Painting, painting, painting...

We had a great weekend...and I just wanted to remember these moments in the middle of the chaos.

I painted 2 of the living room walls on Thursday...and 1 wall on Friday. Jim was off on Friday, and painted the ceiling in the kitchen ALL day. About a year ago, Clark one of the boys over-flowed the upstairs bathtub, and it leaked down to the kitchen ceiling. Jim sanded it off and painted the whole thing on Friday. He was worn out! I have painted the entire upstairs...about 1700 square feet...which includes two bedrooms and a large game-room. I stripped wallpaper, painted and textured the upstairs bathroom. Then, I painted two of our downstairs bedrooms, the foyer AND the living room. ALL.BY.MYSELF. I'm not braggin'...I'm JUST SAYIN'. Jim got his supplies together on Friday morning, climbed up on the ladder, rolled ONE TIME and growled: "I HATE painting with a PASSION."

On Friday night, the 4 of us went to Chili's for dinner and it was GREAT, and then the guys rented "Moneyball." We had heard it was a good movie, and it was...just wasn't prepared for the F-bomb...twice! Eeek! Guess that shows how often we rent movies...

On Saturday morning, Clark had his first soccer game of the season. They put his team in a 7 on 7 league, so some of the rules were a little different...but it was really fun and he did really well. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and I stand by my statement that there is really only ONE perfect soccer day, and we had ours this past weekend. I fully expect for the rest of the games to be played in tornadic, stormy, rainy, windy, burning friggin' hot, or freezing cold weather.

Or any and all combinations of the above. Amen.

Holly and Aaron came on Saturday afternoon, and we all piled in the Burb and headed to the lakehouse. We ate at Daniel's and it was YUMMY!

(At this point, I realize I have now turned into my Grandma Ellen...because my best descriptions and memories are of the FOOD we ate. And of the food we will eat in the future. Mmm...can't wait for dinner!)

We enjoyed visiting with Jim's parents. Holly and I excused ourselves for about 45 minutes and ran to the mall to pick up a couple of things...and then it was back home for the night. Sunday was SS and church and lunch. Holly and Aaron left around 3. Jim and Joshua went to the gym around 3. Clark was crashed out in the chair around 3...it was a magical hour, I guess! Morgan came by to pick up some things that Logan wanted. She and her sister came home this weekend, but Logan stayed at school to work. He is trying to earn money for his NYC Spring Break trip with their church. He said, "I'm going to stay here and work...I know Dad will be proud of me." I said, "Yes, Dad will be very proud...but MOMMY will write you a check for the balance, if you will JUST COME HOME." :)

Last night, we went to eat at McAlister's. Clay, Lydia and Kylie came to join us...a fun night!

This week, I have painting left to do. I took all the stuff down from the ledge above the kitchen cabinets, and it is piled up on the bar in the kitchen. Ugh. It will probably be a project for tomorrow, when Joshua is with his group. I usually try to spend Mondays hanging out with him...getting caught up from the weekend, and preparing for the week ahead. He cleaned the church this morning, while I went to WM. And after I picked him up, I took him to Old Navy and bought him a couple of new shirts. He says he is wearing one tomorrow and telling Jenni, "HANDS OFF, even tho I am cute." He is so funny!

For now? I am making these Dr. Seuss cookies that I saw on Pinterest...mine didn't turn out like the picture, but it's a sugar cookie...what's not to love, right?

See what I mean? Grandma Ellen.

"Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor..." Ecc 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment