Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trip to the New School

Nothing too exciting...just wanted to remember today. 

It's CAPS conference day here, so there's no school today. I decided it would be a good opportunity to make a trip to the new school and check things out there. It's so difficult to take Clark out of athletics class. He never wants to miss.

We dropped Joshua off at City Hall for his outing, and then drove straight to Jim's office. We finally got to the school and found the counselor and had a great visit. They are getting a new school building, just like we are here, and it is HUGE. Just like here. It will be such a blessing for Clark not to be the only kid on the first day who doesn't know his way around. NO ONE will know their way around. :) Yay for that!

We got an idea of the classes he will need to take, and the counselor told us that we would have to be out-of-school here and have an address there before he could enroll in school...OR PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS. This is why I have already been looking at houses, and why JIM...who was not aware of this policy, has been dragging his feet. Argh! I want to get there as soon as possible after school ends here, so that Clark can start working out with the team and meeting people.

Anyway, hopefully we now ALL know what we need to do from this point.

Jim had Rotary, so he left us on our own...with Clark's iPHONE as our guide. We decided that lunch was the first thing on the agenda, and he had two places in mind for lunch. In the end, he chose the closest one...Chicken Express, here we come! Ha!

Before we left town, I had Clark navigate us to one neighborhood that I love. Holly and I had been there last week, and we got to tour a home that was for sale. And I loved it. LOVED. IT. Out of the 9 or 10 houses I have seen so far, the ones I've liked have been "Jim would like this," or "Joshua would like this." This was the first house that I could actually see ALL of our family in...but, sadly, the realtor lady called on Monday and it had sold over the weekend.

I was so bummed. She was ready for me to come back and look at a few more houses, but I told her I didn't want to see anything else. Ever.

Of course, I was kidding (sort of). We HAVE to have a place to live. But I just had to have a minute to grieve over that house.

Isn't it funny how in a matter of minutes, you can get your hopes up about something? I had made a mental list of things like, "will need more area rugs and a new handle for the front door." I had the rooms planned out...who would go where...I would have tons of wall space for all of our pictures, and I could just SEE myself cooking in the kitchen, my family all around me in this beautiful home.

I know God wants the best for us. I know that He is preparing our way as we move. I KNOW it. There have been so many little things that pop up to show us that GOD is in the details. I love that, don't you? But even tho I say all of that, and am trusting that He has something so much better for us...it's still hard.

Corrie Ten Boom said  “Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open.” 

Ouch.

I was holding something tightly that wasn't even mine, had never been mine, and was never going to be mine.

And then I got encouragement from my sweet friend, Stacy, who reminded me that God sees the whole finished puzzle...not just a few pieces. She blesses me.

(Even so, I may or may not have driven by that house at least one more time)

(sigh).

I'm gettin' there.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

"...I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment