Friday, February 17, 2012

Clark and the Track Meet...

A couple of weekends ago, we had the opportunity to go up to Fayetteville for one of Clark's track meets. It was his first meet as a 9th grader...and it was an "invite," so we were all pretty tickled he was asked to go! Added to that was the fact that Logan was home and came with us, and we were going to have the opportunity to see Holly and Aaron, and visit with them a while. My Mommy's heart was about to burst! SO FUN! Altho Joshua and I have been up to see Holly several times since their wedding, Jim, Logan and Clark hadn't been there in a while.

We left early...before 7 a.m., and drove straight to the Randal Tyson Track Center. It was AWESOME! It's the #1 indoor track facility in the nation...and it should be. The HOGS are #1 in the nation in track. WPS! Anyway, it was very cool to be there. Clark was only running one event, and so he found his team and went to warm-up with them. I walked around, bought an extra shirt for Tori, and went to join my family in the bleachers. Holly and Aaron came and we sat in the bleachers and talked with them. I was SO HAPPY to have all my brood together. :) Clark ran his race and did very well. A 7.83 in the 60 meter. He got 5th in his heat. He was kind of disappointed, but I thought he did GREAT! I love to watch him run!

Earlier, as we pulled into the track center, Logan had spied a "wings" place called "FOGHORN'S" and he was all about eating there after the meet. And so we did. They specialized in having about a million choices of sauces you could have on your wings or chicken or burger...but I'm not too adventurous and chose something mild. We were all hungry and the food was good.

After lunch, we went back to Holly and Aaron's apartment. Marley was so excited to see everyone! Holly has their place decorated SO CUTE! We brought them a chest-of-drawers, some bedding and other items...whatever we could fit in the Burb, along with the 5 of us! We had gotten her a Cricut machine for her birthday, so she's been getting her craft ON. I was so excited when she told me she had made something for me! A few days earlier, I had mentioned seeing this Albert Einstein quote on Pinterest. It reads: "everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid." I cannot even tell you how much I love that quote. ANYWAY, she had painted a board...with Aaron's help...and had put that quote on there for me. I am super-excited about it! I probably won't put it up now, but I sure can't wait to display it in our new home.

We got home around 5:30, and Logan and Morgan were packed up and gone by 6:30. They wanted to get back to ASU for church on Sunday. I sure hated to see them go, but how thankful am I that they have found a church that they LOVE, and where they FIT, and where they are INVOLVED?

Very.

Holly and Aaron left after church. I hated to see them go as well...but that's the story of my life. I think I'm turning into my Grandma Ellen. She used to cry whenever we left her house and we would all tease her about it.

Helloooo, Karma.

It was understandable for her, tho...we only saw her once a year because we lived all over the nation, and even over-seas at times. My kids live between 2 1/2 and 3 hours away, and while I am very proud of the lives they are creating for themselves, my heart is so sad when they leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment