Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Gift of Time

So here’s how it usually goes down when you see someone you know: “hey, how are you?” “I’m good...you?” Usually we don’t even stop walking. 

Amiright? 

Well, here’s how it went down last month: person walks into the bakery, sees me and Joshua, and says to Joshua, “hey...I know YOU!” 

Joshua: “you do?” 

Person: “yes! I read about you all the time on your mom’s Facebook and Instagram. You’re kind of famous!” 

Joshua:  "I am!"

And then, she gave him (and me) the biggest gift...SHE SAT DOWN. 

She sat down at the table with him, and visited with him while I ordered. 

She sat with him like she had all the time in the world JUST FOR HIM...even tho I know she didn’t. 

We’re all busy, right? 

It was the best thing ever, and such a great reminder that the gift of your time...the gift of being interested in someone...the gift of listening to what they have to say...is a gift that will be remembered forever. 

“And the King will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of Mine, you did for Me.’" Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment