Sunday, October 18, 2015

Joshua's List For A New Pastor

After our pastor resigned, our church started the process of seeking the man that would lead our church. One of the first things was to form a search team. Our staff prepared us for several weeks, and then asked us to pray about and then submit 7 names from the men and women in our church. Once the ballots were collected, the top 7 would be voted on by the church...and they would be our search team.

I talked to Joshua about all of this at home, and we prayed for our church and the people who would be on the search team. I felt like he had a pretty good grasp of the process.

When the day came to fill out our ballets, I asked Joshua if he wanted one, and he said, "yes."

I pulled up my list...I had saved it on my phone...and glanced over at Joshua. His head was down and he was writing furiously.

Not gonna lie...I had a twinge of pride. I thought, "TAKE THAT, people who think he doesn't know what's going on."

But, when he was done, he showed me his list. Instead of listing the names of 7 people, he had listed 7 qualities or characteristics he wanted in our new pastor:

*faithful
*honest
*bold
*patient
*wise
*understanding
*has a heart for kids

That last one about did me in.

So...after 10 months or so, we found our new pastor. He's been here a few weeks now. Best I can tell, he has every one of these qualities.

That last one? He and his wife have 6 kids...4 of them are adopted.

To quote a line from the movie, Babe, "that'll do, pig...that'll do."

"Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment