Wednesday, January 9, 2019

KON-MARI, Y'all

So it seems nearly everyone I know is watching the tiny tidy lady show, and throwing out everything they own. 
If you’re one of the 2 people who haven’t heard of this show, it’s this sweet lady who helps people cleanse their homes and closets of all the unnecessary things. 
You’re supposed to clear everything out of your closet, and, before you bring anything back in, you hold up each item, and ask yourself it it brings you joy. If it doesn’t, you toss (or donate) it...but not before thanking it for it’s service. 
I want to thank God, who has blessed us far more than we deserve. And Jim’s parents, for helping us get through college...which enabled us to get jobs...which, helps us buy (borrow, share) the things we need, including clothes. 
But whatev. 
I’m all about a spirit of generosity. 
So thank you, black leggings, for holding things in over Thanksgiving and Christmas...and for stretching beyond the bounds of spandex and thread. Thank you for being my “go to” for all the tunics, and for staying smooth when I stuffed you into my FUGG (fake Ugg) boots. 
You were like pants to me. 😢 
Now that there’s a hole in you, I can no long wear you out in public. I still love you, but this is good-bye.” 😭 
And just so all y’all know, the only clothes that bring me joy (besides the velvet sequined leggings I wore on NYE) are my 7 pairs of flannel pajammies...and so I will now be wearing them everywhere I go until the first of May. 
Or mid-April, if it gets too hot. 
"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment